Financial Reporting expert- REAF
Berytech is a leading organization in the Entrepreneurial Eco-system in Lebanon, that aims to provide a conducive environment for the creation and development of startups, through incubation, business support, counseling, funding, networking, and company hosting, hence taking part in the economic revival of the country, participating in wealth and job creation, and retaining graduates and high-level skills in Lebanon.
The Rural Entrepreneurs in Agri-Food (REAF) program aims at strengthening the business and product viability of innovative startups tackling sustainable rural economic development operating in South Mount Lebanon, Central and West Bekaa. The program will provide the startups with the tools to transform their ideas into sustainable and profitable businesses. REAF’s youth training will enhance their entrepreneurship mentality and entry into the job market.
The Accelerator Program's mission is to nurture and grow disruptive ideas, proof of concepts, and prototypes that share three common characteristics:
- A disruptive scientific or technological focus in agri-food, eco-tourism, circular economy, and sustainable agriculture.
- The possibility to scale in the local market and beyond that.
- The potential to create sustainable job opportunities locally.
The REAF Program seeks an Advanced Financial Reporting Expert to deliver the following requirements:
• Conduct a full-day in-person workshop on advanced financial reporting for the 8 participating startups, covering topics such as financial statement analysis, financial modeling, and advanced reporting techniques.
• Provide 16 one-on-one online financial reporting clinics (60 minutes each) to each of the 8 startups, offering personalized guidance and support in implementing advanced financial reporting practices.
• Assist startups in creating advanced financial models, forecasts, and reports tailored to their business needs.
• Guide startups in understanding key financial metrics and using them for strategic decision-making.
• Support startups in preparing for investor meetings and fundraising activities with advanced financial.reports.
The Advanced Financial Reporting Expert should possess the following qualifications:
• No less than 7 years of experience in finance, accounting, or related areas, with an associated academic background.
• Proven expertise in advanced financial reporting, financial analysis, and financial modeling, especially for startups or early-stage businesses.
• Ability to lead workshops with multidisciplinary teams and support each individual's style and growth.
• Strong analytical skills and proficiency in financial reporting tools and software.
• Experience working with startups, particularly in preparing financial reports for investment pitches.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Strategic thinking and analytical execution.
• Written feedback on every startup’s performance.
• Conduct a full-day in-person workshop on advanced financial reporting for the 8 REAF startups on a date to be agreed upon with the REAF team.
• Provide 16 one-on-one online financial reporting clinics (60 minutes each) to each of the 8 startups, addressing their specific financial reporting needs and guiding them in implementing advanced financial practices.
• Assist startups in creating advanced financial models, forecasts, and reports tailored to their business objectives.
• Support startups in understanding and using advanced financial metrics for strategic decision-making.
• Prepare startups for investor meetings and fundraising activities with advanced financial reports.
How to apply
To apply, please submit your proposal (technical and financial with a budget breakdown) along with your resume and work/ project portfolio by email to: [email protected] before September 21, 2023.
Your financial proposal should include a lump sum fee for the workshop and the one-on-one sessions.
NB: due to the high volume of applications, only the selected supplier will be selected.