UNIDO Request for proposal for the provision of services required for conducting the Minamata Convention Initial Assessment in Lebanon (RFP No. 7000005159)
The UNITED NATIONS INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT ORGANIZATION (UNIDO) invites candidate companies to submit a written proposal for services required for conducting the Minamata Convention Initial Assessment in Lebanon.
The Minamata Convention has been ratified by Lebanon in 2017. It aims at protecting human health and the environment from the adverse effects of mercury.
The aim of this Request for Proposal is to provide services to assist Lebanon to enable policy and strategic decision-making and prioritize areas for future interventions. Patterns of mercury consumption and release will be assessed, and institutional capacity will be developed and enhanced at the national level in order to reduce the impacts of mercury in human health and the environment.
The main outcomes and outputs of the required services are as follows:
- Outcome 1. National capacity improved to prepare for implementation of the Minamata
- Output 1.1. Institutional gaps identified and national coordination on mercury established
- Output 1.2. Review of existing mercury related regulations and identification of needed policy
- reforms to prepare for implementation of the Minamata Convention completed
- Output 1.3. National mercury profile established based on the initial inventory and key sectors
- identified for intervention and investment to reduce, and where possible eliminate, mercury use,
- release and emissions
- Output 1.4. Dissemination of information among relevant stakeholder groups (academia, public and
- private sectors and civil society) conducted
How to apply
Interested companies are required to submit their proposal on the UNIDO eProcurement portal using the below link and then searching for the RFP reference number 7000005159. Bids submitted by e-mail are not permitted.
UNIDO e-procurement link: https://www.unido.org/resources-procurement/procurement-opportunities
The submission deadline is November 19, 2021, 13h00 Beirut Time (12 noon Central European Time).
Any enquiries related to this Request for Proposal, should be submitted in writing to the UNIDO Procurement Office to [email protected].
Bids submitted beyond the above mentioned deadline or bids submitted by e-mail can not be accepted.Expired