Short Video Production
TERMS OF REFERENCE – Short Video Production
EuroMed Feminist Initiative (EFI)
EuroMed Feminist Initiative (EFI) is a policy platform that encompasses women’s rights organisations from the two shores of the Mediterranean and advocates for equality and women’s rights as inseparable from democracy building and citizenship, for political solutions to all conflicts, and for the right of peoples to self-determination. EFI seeks to improve and promote women’s rights as universal human rights, the value of equality and the use of non-violent means to solve conflicts. Our criterion and position align with the international resolutions and conventions and regional instruments promoting the universality of women’s rights and strengthening women's impact and voices in conflict resolution. You can visit our website to know more about our work: www.efi-ife.org
EFI will make a short video success story about key moments in the 3 years Syria program funded by the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (SIDA).
This video will shed light on the work done by EFI and its partners during the period 2021-2023. Since this year is the last year of this phase of the program, this video will highlight the key milestones achieved, and EFI’s actions in supporting women rights in Syria. The film will be used to highlight the impact of the activities on the ground. Through different testimonies, the impact of the program will be brought to light, as well as the values of EFI Syria program.
- Highlight the importance of the activities led within the program during the 3 phases of implementation in advancing women rights and equality in Syria.
- Potentially reaching new stakeholders and donors.
- Engagement around EFI’s advocacy and commitment towards dissemination of feminist knowledge.
- Show success stories and impact through implementation of this program with a human touch.
The short video will be used to summarize the impact and importance of this program via key protagonists. The 7-to-10-minute video will be composed of:
- 1st item: Short interview with EFI members involved in the program.
- 2nd item: Short testimonials of EFI’s partners about how this program enhanced their skills and had a real impact. This will include the shooting of interviews with 10 to 15 activists in Lebanon.
The short video will be produced in Arabic with subtitles in English.
In addition to that, the short video will have to be divided into several 2 minute videos that can be posted separately on social media.
The video maker/firm will need to:
- Meet with EFI’s team to understand the narrative and get accurate data to be used for the short video.
- Conduct the interviews in Lebanon.
- Deliver original video.
- Sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement.
- Consultant will conduct the interviews mainly in Arabic and potentially in English.
- Interview shooting as approved and according to the prepared script and EFI’s guidelines.
- Consultant will be required to edit the film as per requirements determined by EFI including (sound, editing, calibration, subtitling, etc.)
Qualifications, Background and Experience:
The video maker requires a high level technical/professional expertise and creativity; therefore, successful firm/candidate is required to have the following qualifications:
- Demonstrated competency with shooting and producing documentary/short videos in NGOs.
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Arabic is essential.
- Strong knowledge on women’s rights and gender equality is an asset.
- Competency to value the main messages.
- Being able to handle cultural sensitivities in a different context.
- Flexibility and ability to deliver under a strict deadline.
How to apply
Requirements for Submission:
The candidates/firm interested in this project should provide the following information:
- A sample of past video productions they have directly produced.
- Technical proposal: Outline and methodology as well as, the detailed work plan showing the assignment’s important activities and milestones.
- Financial proposal: Including a detailed quotation for the production of the video showing all necessary costs.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Updated creative portfolio including relevant creative development work and qualifications.
Deadline for submission:
The deadline for submission is the 27th of October 2023.
Kindly submit the required documents in English to the email [email protected] indicating the reference: “Short Video on Success Stories" in the email subject.
Starting date of Assignment: 5th of November
End date of Assignment: 10th of DecemberExpired