Call for a Hospitality consultant - expert- ARYAF- WFD
Context & Background
Berytech is a leading organization in the Entrepreneurial Ecosystem in Lebanon, that aims to provide a conducive environment for the creation and development of startups, through incubation, business support, counseling, funding, networking, and the company hosting, hence taking part in the economic revival of the country, participating in wealth and job creation, and retaining graduates and high-level skills in Lebanon.
About ARYAF PROJECT
ARYAF serves Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises operating in food processing, local hospitality, tourism, the restaurant industry, eco-tourism, and agri-tourism within west Bekaa, Zahle and South Mount Lebanon.
The program aims to empower sixty MSMEs (Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises) to increase their sales volume, implement a business continuity plan, and provide training to their staff, including youth, women, and disabled individuals.
The program is funded by The German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and implemented by Deutsche Gesellschaft für International Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), in partnership with Berytech, within the framework of Strengthening Agriculture, Local Communities and Small and Medium Enterprises project (ACE).
Scope of Work
Al Jawbi is a charming small restaurant at Ramlieh - Alley, that offers an array of delightful tourism packages and an authentic farm-to-table experience.
The consultancy job briefing is:
- To optimize Al Jawbi Farm to Table operations through the improvement of the existing menu and to boost its operations for maximum profitability.
- To introduce new menus, new specialties, and new Platters and to improve the recipes of the existing platters.
- To improve the presentation of the buffet, and the Sit-down dinner and all kind of platters presentation.
Responsibilities and Deliverables
Activity 1: Culinary Concept Evaluation & New Dish Creation
Objective: Evaluate the current menu concept and innovate dishes highlighting wild plants and locally sourced produce.
Craft recipes showcasing seasonal farm produce and edible wild plants.
Deliverable: Detailed recipes highlighting wild plants and farm-sourced ingredients. (Week 1-5)
Activity 2: Enhancement of Farm-Produced Baked Goods
Objective: Elevate baked goods using farm-produced ingredients, emphasizing sustainability.
Improve recipes for bread, pastries, and desserts using farm-fresh components.
Deliverable: Sustainable recipes for baked goods utilizing farm produce. (Week 2-5)
Activity 3: Artful Presentation of Farm-to-Table Dishes
Objective: Implement sustainable and artistic presentation techniques for farm-centric dishes.
Utilize edible garnishes and creative plating with an emphasis on farm ingredients.
Deliverable: Techniques and visual guides for farm-to-table food presentation. (Week 2-6)
Activity 4: Sustainable Farm-to-Table Management
Objective: Manage kitchen procurement, budgeting, and pricing while promoting farm sourcing.
Analyze costs and profits for the farm-centric menu offerings.
Deliverable: Financial report on farm-to-table menu economics. (Week 6-10)
Activity 5: Sustainable Storage for Farm Ingredients
Objective: Ensure proper storage guidelines for farm produce and wild plants.
Develop protocols for sustainable storage.
Deliverable: Written directives for sustainable storage of farm and wild ingredients. (Week 8-10)
- Consulting services company specialized in the hospitality sector.
- Or Proven work experience as a cook Chief for more than 5 years.
- Advanced knowledge of culinary, baking and pastry techniques.
- Hands-on experience with various kitchen equipment such as grillers and pasta makers.
- Construct menus with new or existing culinary creations ensuring the variety and quality of the servings.
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards.
- Fully in charge of hiring, managing, and training kitchen staff.
- Ability in dividing responsibilities and monitoring progress
- Degree in Culinary science or related certificate
- Demanded three soft skills: quickness, physical resistance and sense of taste and smell.
- Soft Skills: Leadership, Communication, Interpersonal skills, adaptability, transparency, teamwork.
Kindly note that, it is required, that the offerors, who fit the qualifications and skills, should meet with the beneficiary to assess and quote accordingly.
How to apply
Timeline and Application
The selected Consultancy is expected to start his/her activities at the soonest after selection (the effective date is to be confirmed), and the contract duration is 12 Weeks.
Candidates should submit the following documents:
- Technical (maximum two pages) describing the methodology to conduct the work based on the content suggested in the section: “Responsibilities and Deliverables” elaborating it further.
- Profile and project references (maximum two pages): A brief explanation of the consulting company) background should be submitted (CVs shall be included as an annex) along with project references on the topic.
- Financial Proposal describing the expected renumeration and the proposed timeframe of the intervention, divided as per the deliverables listed above.
Documents and proposals must be sent to [email protected] by 22.12.2023 the latest, with the subject: “ARYAF-WFD-Hospitality consultancy.”
Important: The header of the technical and financial offers must clearly note the candidate data (Name, address, country, telephone, email and fiscal identity number or other official number).Expired