AFE is working on reviewing its governance structures in collaboration with a technical consultant, and in line with best practices. AFE is seeking an expert in Lebanese local law and Non-Profit Organizations in Lebanon, in order to collaboratively design the governance approach, and then reflect the developed structure onto AFE’s legal paperwork.
The scope of work for the Consultant will include:
- Coordinate with the Governance Consultant to review AFE governance system and bylaws and advise on their compliance with the Lebanese Law
- Advise on the Lebanese law and support on legal requirements, technical procedures and rights and duties
- Review, advise and update all governance annexes including but not limited to: MOUs of board members, TORs of governing body, and governance chart
- Coordinate with the Governance consultant on providing a coherent and consistent documentation between the governance board and the legal board to be applicable in practical situations
- Provide legal advice on situations that emerge and ensure legal action is taken in accordance to the Lebanese law
- Update all legal papers of the organization and ensure all documentation is up to date and submitted to the relevant authorities
- Support AFE in reflecting structural changes within the legal documentation and ensure consistency across all documentation.
- Revised and edited governance system compliant with the Lebanese law and reflected in the official documentation of the organization and its bylaws, policy manuals and legal manual
- Revised governance annexes to protect the individuals and the organization
- A cohesive liaison between the governing board and the legal board
- Legal Advise provided when needed on issues emerging during the time of this contract
- Structural changes in AFE are reflected in the legal documentation of the organization
- AFE legal paperwork are updated, approved and submitted to the respective legal authorities
This assignment is expected to be carried out over a period of 66 working days.
6. Institutional Arrangements
The Consultant will coordinate at the beginning of the process with the AFE Associate and Program Directors.
a) Academic Qualifications
A law degree of Master’s degree in law with emphasis on the Lebanese law
At least ten years professional experience in law practice.
For non-Master’s degree holders, fifteen years of experience in law practice
Demonstrated experience in supporting and/or representing non-profit organizations legally
In depth knowledge of the Lebanese law, procedures and the judiciary system
Experience in drafting internal legal documentation in compliance with the Lebanese law
c) Skills and Competencies:
Excellent inter-personal skills and ability to express legal requirements in a clear manner
Flexibility to work in a dynamic environment
Excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrating high levels of personal integrity and professional credibility
Capacity to listen and think strategically on solutions to overcome legal gaps and exploit organisational strengths
High level of computer literacy (primarily in Microsoft Office packages)
Fluency in Arabic, Fluency in English and French is a plus
How to apply
Send in your CV and a cover letter and proof of practice to [email protected]
Kindly mark your subject: Legal TOR