The COastal Management and MOnitoring Network for tackling marine litter in Mediterranean Sea (COMMON project) aims at applying the Integrated Coastal Zone Management (ICZM) principles to the challenge of marine litter by improving knowledge of the phenomenon of 5 pilot coastal areas in Italy (2), Tunisia (2), and Lebanon (1). COMMON Project will help to enhance knowledge of the marine litter phenomenon. The project will focus on specific training and capacity-building activities addressed to local and regional authorities, Marine Protected Areas (MPAs), Turtles Rescue Centres and citizens, a thematic awareness campaign and material, and targeted networking activities at the basin level. In addition, the COMMON project will engage local communities in incorporating marine litter management and disposal in coastal planning with the ICZM approach. The project-specific objective is to enhance the capacity of public authorities in the five selected areas to plan for sustainable management, use, and monitoring of marine litter sources, treatment, and consequences, employing a practical participatory approach involving relevant stakeholders and local communities.
The Project Manager will be responsible for implementing COMMON activities in TCNR coastal zone as a pilot area in Lebanon. The PM will be tasked to ensure that all the project’s Work Packages (WP) are implemented smoothly on the ground and monitored according to the program work plan and logical frameworks, in close coordination with the management team of Med4EBM/ ENSERES/ and Plastic Buster CAP projects at TCNR.
- This individual will be expected to promptly identify issues and risks related to project implementation and suggest appropriate project adjustments.
- Representing TCNR at the project’s Steering Committee Meetings (SCMs);
- Executing and monitoring the COMMON activities, ensuring that activities are met according to the contractual agreement and the quality standards of ENI CBC MED program;
- Project reporting and archiving on the MIS platform;
- Collaborated with the project's support team of the Lead Beneficiary (Legambiente) for budget management/monitoring/reporting, procurement, and human resources follow-up.
- Ensure quality intervention and ongoing PCM, field monitoring, and quality reporting.
- Team supervision and management.
Qualification and Skills
- PhD in Environmental Sciences, Marine Sciences, or relevant academic background, with Integrated Coastal Zones Management (ICZM) & Marine Spatial Planning (MSP) experience.
- Coordination and Organizational skills
- Good Project Cycle Management and Team Management skills
- Previous experience with managing multi-disciplinary projects (especially ENI CBC MED Project), with at least 2-years work experience with international organizations and NGOs
- Fluent in English and Arabic, both spoken and written
- Well knowledge of TCNR (Mandatory)
- Familial with field work, especially related with Marine Litter and Sea turtles monitoring, awareness, and sensibilization (Mandatory)
- Already made National Environmental training (Mandatory)
How to apply
How to apply
The application shall include the following:
- An updated CV of the applicant
- A motivation letter presenting the interest and qualifications for the project (especially mentioning the work experience with the European Project, and knowledge of TCNR)
- The application can be submitted by e-mail to [email protected], specifying in the email subject "COMMON – Project Manager".
This is an urgent call; we might decide to close the CV collection at our earliest convenience.