Arabic and Homework Support Program Educator (full-time)
To apply, please send your CV to [email protected]. Also please state the position opnening in the subject of your email.
This is immediate opening. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Position: Arabic and Homework Support Program Educator
Tahaddi is a Lebanese NGO established in 2008 whose aim is to empower families facing extreme poverty through the provision of education, health and psychosocial support. Tahaddi principally works in Hay el Gharbeh, an informal settlement in Southern Beirut. Tahaddi runs a non-formal education center, a primary care clinic and a psychosocial center. In addition, Tahaddi operates an income generating sewing workshop.
Reports to: ECE (Early Childhood Education) Arabic Coordinator and HWS (Homework Support) Program Coordinator
Location: Tahaddi Center, Hay el Gharbeh, Southern Beirut
Position summary: Tahaddi is currently looking for a full-time homeroom educator who will teach Arabic for KG classes and tutor students, registered in public schools, in maths and science (Tahaddi Homework Support Program, Grades 1 to 9).
Full-time position: Monday to Friday, 8.00 am to 3.15 pm
- Manage and educate groups of students aged 3 to 5, using up-to-date methods and instructional materials to meet students’ needs and interests in the Arabic language.
- Observe and evaluate students' performance, behavior, and social development.
- Prepare monthly and weekly plans.
- Meet regularly and effectively with coordinators
- Support children registered in public school with their homework (mainly maths and science)
- Organize sport/ craft/cooking etc. activities based on personal interest and skills during the month of July.
- Show patience and demonstrate the ability to manage a class using appropriate methods.
- Maintain a safe and positive atmosphere between children.
- Work in harmony with team members.
- Show self-motivation, professionalism, enthusiasm, and creativity.
- Take part in professional development opportunities.
- BA Degree in Education with an emphasis on Arabic or mathematics and science with at least one year of experience in teaching Arabic. A Teaching Diploma is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, team spirit, sense of initiative, desire to learn, and flexibility.
- Fluency in Arabic and good knowledge of English.
- Computer proficiency (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Maturity, and patience in dealing with children and community members of different backgrounds.
- Adherence to Tahaddi’s core values of acting with justice, integrity, and working with children in a situation of extreme poverty with compassion and respect.