Interested candidates please submit your applications through the below link:
Search is seeking qualified candidates for a Project Assistant position to support the team management of one of our key programs. The project will support local civil society organizations in addressing relevant local needs in a sensitive manner, through a series of training activities and small grants. The Project Assistant will support the Project team while working closely with relevant stakeholders and assist in the day-to-day operations and implementation of the project’s activities from July 2020 till March 2021.
Scope of Work
- Collaborate with the Project Team and other Search Staff and provide needed support to ensure efficient implementation of the project’s activities.
- Produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters, and forms.
- Submit and reconcile expense reports.
- Assist in the planning of online workshops, training, and other project events and activities as needed.
- Collaborate with the Search finance team in order to fulfill payments and other project expenditures.
- Arrange for venues, supporting the visa processes, flight booking, and other logistics tasks.
- Support the organization of networking events.
- Maintain project records such as databases, reports, and records of decisions.
- Support in drafting contracts and TORs needed for the project in compliance with Search and donor’s guidelines
- Ensure that all documents related to the project are properly filed and archived
As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Development, Political Science, International Affairs, Social Sciences, or another relevant subject.
- Minimum of one year of related experience in the administrative field
- Familiarity with the peacebuilding and civil society networks.
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills.
- Spoken and written fluency in English and Arabic.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Strong organizational skills and attention-to-detail.
- Experience in online communication
- A self-motivated team player; able to prioritize tasks during tight deadlines.
- The initiative and able to carry out tasks with minimal supervision
- Cultural sensitivity and adaptability.