Country Finance Manager (CFM), Lebanon
Intereseted candidates are requested to apply through the below link:
PS: Only applications through the link will be taken into consideration, and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Summary of Position
Search is seeking to recruit a full-time professional, motivated, creative, Country Finance Manager (CFM) based in Beirut, Lebanon, to provide leadership for proactive, efficient, timely and relevant finance services to the country office. The role is responsible for the overall financial management of the country office, including but not limited to, reporting, budgeting, financial planning, maintenance of books of accounts, and compliance.
- Provide leadership to the Search-Lebanon Finance team of four staff members.
- Focus on overall financial management, accounting, budgeting and compliance while implementing a large multi-donor program;
- Perform contributions as a member of the Leadership and Management Team and will take the lead in assuring the quality management of multi-donor funded grants/contracts from inception to closure;
- Capacity building with a focus on ensuring both programming and operations staff improve understanding of different finance mechanisms and compliance and adhere to donor regulations related to reporting, invoicing, and asset management and purchasing.
- Represents Search, as assigned, to selected programs or projects and other organizations, including donors, vendors, and international and local partners.
Financial Management and Analysis:
- Ensure that the financial transactions are recorded on a timely basis, and that these are accurate, complete and reliable.
- Ensure monthly accounting closing is done on time and following Search’s financial procedures.
- Supervising all balance sheet account reconciliations are done on a timely basis.
- Monitor Cash flows where funds are channeled from the Country Office.
- Ensure Securing supporting documentation and monthly procedures are being followed by the Finance Staff across the Lebanon office.
- Ensure due diligence is conducted for all new and existing sub awardees and that financial management capacity building plans are incorporated in partner budgets and capacity building is ensured.
- Ensure that partners keep supporting documents for all financial transactions and ledgers for Fixed Assets, Purchase Requisitions, Cash Receipts and Disbursement.
- Prepare payment requests to HQ and donor advance requests (as required) and track payment of these requests;
- Review budgets with actual reports to ensure adherence to restrictions on line-item flexibility and stated restrictions on accepted costs.
- Ensure BVA meetings are regularly conducted and support follow up actions to resolve any identified problems, including under and overspending.
- Lead Annual Budgeting and Revenue Projection Process for Country Program.
- Develop and revise financial management policy as appropriate.
- Supports country program staff with budget forecasting.
- Oversee the submission of Monthly Field Financial Reports to Search-HQ.
- Calculate NSSF Payroll Register and prepare NSSF/Taxation payments, in coordination with the outsourced Tax and Audit Services Consultant.
Grants Management and Compliance:
- Ensure that all donor financial reports are prepared according to the donor requirements and templates and submitted on time.
- Oversee and monitor closely the program grants implementation to secure a compliant implementation during all grant's steps.
- Consolidate and update a monthly and quarterly operational budget matrix, prepare financial analysis and provide the Country Director with a clear vision of the financial situation.
- Develop budgets for new proposals in line with donor regulations and revise current budgets to ensure alignment with actual costs and operational needs.
- Ensure costs are allocated according to Search’s cost shared methodology and contribute to adapt the Head Office requirements to Country office finances.
- Elaborate, review and update Finance Standard Operating Procedures for the country program.
- Ensure proper financial procedures and systems are operated and maintained as per donor and Search internal requirements.
- Facilitate any external and internal audits and ensure timely closure of finance audit recommendations, participate in preparation, implementation and monitoring of corrective action plans.
- Support timely agreement/contract development, review, both with donors and partners, ensuring adherence to both Search and donor requirements.
- Support Project Managers in grants start up and grants close out plans to ensure financial and budgetary requirements are in line with Search and donor requirements.
- Ensure adherence to segregation of duties and record keeping as per donor and Search internal requirements;
- Work with Programme Director, Project Managers and Operations and other relevant staff to ensure adequate finance management support and smooth working environment.
- Work with the Regional Controller to ensure that there is proper segregation of duties in all financial functions.
Team Management and Capacity Building
- Ensure Search Lebanon has a smoothly functioning and efficient Finance Department
- Manage/direct the Finance staff for teamwork, accuracy, timeliness, detail, and systems thinking
- Build capacity of Search and partner staff in financial management through training and coaching.
- Actively participate in program meetings as appropriate to effectively plan and collectively
- Coordinate financial and programmatic activities in conjunction with partner capacity-building initiatives.
Reporting Line: reports to Country Director
Supervisory responsibility: supervises about two finance team members.
As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key duties.
- Advanced degree in finance, accounting, economics, or a related field.
- Minimum seven years of experience in Finance, preferably with international non-profits organizations
- Professional qualification in accounting (ACCA, CPA or equivalent)
- Knowledge of local Lebanese laws and regulations
- Experience preparing for internal audits and implementing audit recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and strengthen accountable working relations of finance team with other teams within organization i.e. programs, HR, operations, MEAL, etc.
- Proven ability to be an effective supervisor of staff of varying levels of responsibility and good delegation skills.
- Proven ability in financial planning and developing budgets for new business.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English, excellent communication, coaching and facilitation skills.
- Mastery of Excel and online accounting software. Experience of using Sage INTACCT is preferred.
- Self-guided, strong organizational and planning skills and ability to work independently and under pressure
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and willing to take on tasks on short notices and able to meet deadlines.
- Experience of working in a fragile and risky context is an added value.
- Experience in MENA context.
General Competencies and Skills
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills to develop strong working relationships across cultural and organizational boundaries with internal and external stakeholders, and managing through influence
- Must be capable of working both individually and collaboratively with team members to drive forward progress
- Ability to work under pressure and with short deadlines with acute attention to detail;
- Ability to take initiative to deal with challenges
- Maintain professionalism, ethics, empathy, creativity, and enthusiasm while working in a fast-paced, multi-cultural environment.
SFCG Manager’s Competencies
- Manages to meet overall strategy and vision. Provides functional and program/project management. Anticipates and plans for needs and takes action accordingly. Provides guidance to direct reports or matrixed team members.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with vendors, organizations, professional associations, partners, funders, and Search’s network of experts critical to the area of purview.
- Modifies a planned course of action in response to new information or new circumstances.
- Responds to changing circumstances and expectations readily.
- Articulates Search/function program/project goals and objectives within and external to Search. Develops program objectives that reflect broader Search strategies and approaches.
- Provides input for standards across functions globally within Shared Services teams and with a view from a multicultural perspective that reflects consideration of other cultures, other viewpoints, and other ways of doing things.
- Overcomes obstacles using ethical practices; formulates and evaluates morally and ethically justified solutions.
- Assesses risks and opportunities to lead decision makers to a favorable outcome.
- Checks the accuracy of one’s own and others’ work and sets up systematic checks and balances to support content and data integrity.
- Has knowledge of project management tools including technology as resources for efficiency and reduction of stress.
- Works with employees to set and communicate performance standards that are specific and measurable.
- Anticipates the consequences of situations and plans accordingly.
- Analyzes the costs, benefits, risks, and chances for success in making a decision.
- Provides coaching and mentoring to staff.