Applications should include: Detailed CV with at least two References, and Cover letter (max 1 page)
Please send both documents – in English and in PDF format to the following e-mail address: [email protected], writing in the subject the reference “Researcher”.
The deadline for submission is January 27, 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified by email.
LOWER values diversity and is committed to equal opportunities. All applicants for employment will receive equal treatment without discrimination on grounds of gender, race, ethnic or national origins, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation, or any other grounds.
One of the core pillars in the Lebanese Observatory for Workers & Employees Rights (LOWER) strategic objectives is the institutionalization of the monitoring program based on the LOWER overall monitoring framework.
The general objective of the monitoring program is to identify working conditions in various sectors, violations of laws, monitoring of relevant policies and legislation, to permanently assess the activities of trade unions from democratic, gender equality and accountability perspectives and to monitor the results of the financial and economic collapse on the labor market.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Develop standard operating procedures and guidelines for the monitoring unit;
- Manage the overall work of the monitoring program;
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research including literature reviews, research design, tool design, data analysis and discussion, and generation of recommendations;
- Lead in conducting field research in the form of focus groups, interviews, case studies, observations, and surveys, and other data collection methods;
- Develop the monitoring program publications;
- Assist in writing reports, briefs, articles, and other relevant outputs for publications;
- Assist the field team for research activities;
- Work with the team in other departments across LOWER on relevant projects and tasks.
Minimum of a Master’s degree in Social Sciences, Public Policy, Economics, or similar fields with a strong qualitative and analytical component.
- At least 5 years of relevant working experience in research;
- Proven solid experience of working with qualitative research;
- Proven ability to conduct field research, data collection, and empirical data analysis i.e., Focus Group Discussions, Key Informant Interviews, Workshop activities, Observations, etc…
- Proven solid experience in literature reviews;
- Proven experience in developing policy recommendations based on research evidence;
- Proven ability to visualize and communicate the data, including within a larger narrative report;
- Knowledge and mastering research ethics;
- Excellent verbal, written, analytical, and organizational skills;
- Collaborative and constructive team member;
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, multitask, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and work in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong presentation skills;
- Strong skills in qualitative and quantitative software(s)