Coaching & Training Organization
Helem, is the first LGBTQIA+ rights organization in the Arab world, officially established in Beirut, Lebanon in 2001. Its mission is to lead the struggle for the liberation of Lesbians, Gays, Bisexuals, Intersex, Transgendered, Queer (LGBTQIA+) and other people with non-conforming sexualities and/or gender identities in Lebanon and the SWANA region from all sorts of violations of their individual and collective civil, political, economic, social, and cultural rights. Our goal is to empower young LGBTQIA+ leaders to advocate for their own liberation. We seek to create initiatives and spaces where our communities can leverage unity through diversity and build power. We protect and support individuals with the resources to resist the harm caused by homophobia and transphobia. We empower our youth through education and community building, and we mobilize to change the laws, policies, and practices that deny us equality and reduce our quality of life.
This project is aimed at building the leadership capacity of LGBTQ+ rights defenders in the MENA region by establishing a tailored program that provides strategic and operational skills for mounting effective campaigns that are relevant and realistic in the Arab world. The desired outcome is a fully realized curriculum and training program for LGBTIQQ+ rights defenders to understand and integrate community organizing principles into their strategies and interventions, complete with metrics to evaluate performance and impact.
The workshop should be designed and given in the English language and should include the following specific deliverables:
- Implement a 3-day workshop on the community organizing framework for the summer of 2024 with the possibility of extending to future years;
- Adapt workshop material and teaching methodology to participants unique challenges and socio-political contexts;
- Provide expert insight and advice into the design and implementation of the seminar as all as the selection criteria for all participants from across the SWANA region;
- Provide coaching support and expert advice for all participant campaigns for a period of no more than 10 months after the completion of the summer seminar;
- Provide monitoring and evaluation tools for the efficiency of each training including and pre and post-tests as well as other tools when and if necessary;
How to apply
All individuals interested in being part of this programming and who fit the criteria listed below should apply by sending an email [email protected] & [email protected] under the subject “Coaching & Training Organization”.
Women, trans*, and gender non-conforming individuals, or companies headed by them, are strongly encouraged to apply.
Submit your application before November 30, 2023.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Position requires the submission of a:
- Financial proposal
- Technical proposal
- A description of the methodology and modalities of implementation
- Portfolio showcasing similar projects.