Since the beginning of the financial crisis the Lebanese Central Inspection (CI) and the Public Procurement Authority (PPA), have faced severe issues in receiving stable electricity supply. The two entities reside in the same building, having the PPA on the firsts floor and the CI on the floors above it.The difficulties in having reliable electricity are due to the huge increase in fuel prices especially in comparison with the administrations’ budgets, and the lack of EDL electicity supply, affecting their ability to operate normally.
The project is planning to equip both administrations with solar a system in order to ensure stable electricity supply and reduce their operational costs.
The photovoltaic energy systems will be installed at the building which is fully occupied by the CI and the PPA. The building is in Verdun, Beirut at the following location:
Google Maps: https://maps.app.goo.gl/RznSXydjGH5yMDnEA
- General objective
The objective of the assignment is to assess the solar systems needs, provide technical support, and follow up on the work implementation
- Specific objectives
- Assess the needs of the CI and PPA regarding the solar system (day/night)
- Draft the technical specifications of the required systems
- Darft a bill of quantity
- Assist in the evaluation of applicants
- Supervise the work implementation, answer the contractors clarifications, test the systems and draft the work acceptance reports
The Central Inspection and the Public Procurement Authority are equipped with a fully functionning solar system that covers their operational needs.
for more information, kindly refer to the attached Terms of reference document.
How to apply
The application must include:
- Applicant CV
- Signed copy of the terms of reference
- Copy of the Ministry of finance registration
- Copy of the order of engineers certificate
- Filled and signed copy of Annex I – Beneficiary profile along with a bank letter confirming the banking details mentionned in Annex I
- Filled and signed copy of Annex II – Sworn statement on execlusion criteria
- Copy of the applicant passport
- List of similar projects with references details
- Financial proposal highlighting the daily rate and the total for 20 days.