Applications are only accepeted through the link here: https://forms.gle/iBk9iRVsBgjYsBAk7
As a member of the Livelihoods team, the Livelihoods Coordinator under the supervision of the Program Manager will oversee on the implementation of the Livelihood programmes in Akkar, and support programme assessment and design. He/she will ensure that the Livelihood intervention is of the highest technical quality, that monitoring processes are in place, that reporting is high-quality and timely, and that the programme is continually assessed and solutions quickly put in place for any changes in local context.
- With the Program Manager and PDQ manager; provide daily support to the implementing team through regular meetings and coaching visits.
- Support the field visits of the partner/donor with the team.
- Maintain clear communication lines internally and with the partners and donor.
- Prepare weekly and monthly implementation plans; and ensure timely implementation of activities in line with the plans (including beneficiary registration, trainings, data collection and distributions, delivery of livelihood activities, etc.).
- Liaise regularly with communities/municipalities to ensure participatory approaches and acceptance of Akkarouna’s Livelihood programming.
- Support the team members in developing performance objectives and ensure they are being reviewed and followed.
- Assist with the training of the team members to ensure they have solid understanding of key programme documents and tools, including Monitoring and Evaluation tools.
- With the Program Manager, analyze information to select intervention sites; and analyze and evaluate monitoring data to understand impact of project and identify lessons learned for future programming.
- Produce timely reports for internal use on the status of on-going programming; and contribute to donor reporting.
- Interact regularly with Akkarouna’s other sectors’ staff (education, child protection, shelter) to ensure coordinated and efficient programming.
- Liaise on a daily basis with finance, logistics, and administration to guarantee the proper support for the team and to ensure a smooth running of the programme.
- Support the program manager in the monthly review of the livelihood projects and provide the needed information and documentation.
- Carry out additional tasks upon decision by the Livelihoods Coordinator or Program Manager.
- Participate in the continuous assessment of mid and long term FSL needs and ensure attendance at the sectoral meetings and that these assessments are reflected in these discussions.
- Monitor the collection of information for the purpose of household economy analysis conducted by the enumerators.
- Contribute to local market assessments to determine supply of essential goods; as well as the impact of cash-transfer programming on markets.
- With other team members (and communities), identify programme gaps and ensure appropriate action is taken.
- Oversee knowledge sharing across teams, and ensure that monitoring and evaluation results are understood and used to improve programs.
- Ensure that the implementation of activities is gender sensitive, inclusive of vulnerable communities and people with disabilities, participatory, relevant to the context and conflict sensitive as well.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Ensure clear plans in place for monitoring and evaluating project activities in relation to Akkarouna and donor objectives; and that lessons learnt are shared and capitalized on.
- Support the Field teams to ensure that projects are monitored regularly, and that data is collected and cleaned as needed.
- Contribute to the development of data collection tools and databases.
- Regularly visit project sites to ensure monitoring of project’s activities and that teams are appropriately supported.
- Together with the program manager maintain strategic links with key stakeholders such as governmental bodies, UN agencies, INGOs and other local NGOs and CBOs, identify opportunities and ensure Akkarouna’s participation in key activities of the local level.
- Represent Akkarouna during absence of the program manager at appropriate coordination meetings.
Comply with Akkarouna’s policies and practices with respect to child protection, code of conduct, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Economics, Finance, International Relations, Social Sciences, Development studies or similar field
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in development programs, preferably working in food security and & livelihoods.
- Experience in managing a team
- Good time management skills
- Experience in data collection and analysis
- Experience in field work and community mobilization; and in training groups of beneficiaries
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic and English
- Computer skills (especially Excel)
- Strength in interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Flexibility and willingness to change work practices and hours, and capability to work in insecure environment
- Availability to travel in country.
Recommended knowledge and experience:
- Entrepreneurship activities.
- Financial literacy.
- Vocational training and life skills.
- Familiarity with refugee communities in Lebanon.