Consultancy for Capacity Building
The Women’s Programs Association (WPA) is a non-governmental non-profit organization
registered in the Ministry of Interior and Municipalities in 2008 under license number 344.
WPA targets Palestinian refugee women and youth in eight camps throughout Lebanon with a
wide range of activities to build their capacity, skills, knowledge and assets to develop
themselves and their families and widen their opportunities for employment and decent life.
The activities focus on:
- Protection through life skills including variety of topics and psycho-social support,
listening centers services, mental health individual and group awareness and access to
- Livelihood in terms of career counselling, vocational and soft skills training,
entrepreneurship training, and support for employment;
- Education by providing targeted support to drop-out children and children at-risk of
- Social cohesion targeting local community through conflict transformation.
- Prevention awareness from health hazards, nutrition awareness on healthy cooking on
low budget, humanitarian relief support and recreational activities.
Additionally, WPA has in its centers community kitchen run by women, which provide catering
services and Gyms for girls and women.
II. OBJECTIVE OF THE CONSULTANCY
WPA has started a process of organizational development and capacity building and its staff are
at the center.
Within this context, WPA is seeking experienced individuals or firm to conduct series of training
for its management and operational teams during 2023 on the following identified topics /
Interpersonal and communication skills
Budgeting and financial management
Proposal and report writing
Marketing and visibility
III. CONSULTANT OBLIGATIONS
The Consultant will:
- Review the training needs assessment conducted in 2022 and training topics/ areas
identified and recommends the appropriate training for each staff category, in the head
office and areas, in line with their functions and responsibilities as stipulated in their
- Develop training calendar for the various topics in orderly sequence for implementation
between April and November 2023 and in 2024.
- Provide outline per each training topic, number of days and methodology.
- Provide CVs for all proposed trainers / facilitators.
- Provide report by the end of each training.
The Consultant will submit the following:
1. Draft report including recommendation for training needs for each staff category (30 March: 2 weeks)
2. Detailed training calendar per staff category, training topic(s), training days,training date (15 April: 4 weeks)
3. Training outline per topic, training methodology, trainers / facilitators CV (30 April: 6 weeks)
4. Conduct six physical trainings (May to November)
5. Submit a report after each training and related training materials, evaluation and future recommendation(s) :May to November
V. WPA OBLIGATIONS
WPA will be responsible for:
- Making available the needs assessment data conducted in December 2022.
- Providing JDs per each staff category.
- Providing the logistics for each training i.e venue, training equipment, training invitation,
VI. QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
a) At least eight years’ experience in providing consulting services and conducting
b) Qualified trainers with relevant academic degree in Management, HR, Financial
Management or related field and at least four years-experience in training the selected
c) Knowledge of the NGOs’ field and work and relevant working experience;
d) Ability to provide training in both English and Arabic is an asset;
e) Full command of English for reports submission.
1) At least eight years’ experience in providing consulting services and conducting trainings (30 points)
2) Qualified trainers with relevant academic degree in Management, HR, Financial Management or related field and at least four years-experience in training the selected topic(s) (30 points)
3) Knowledge of the NGOs’ field and work and relevant working experience (20 points)
4) Ability to provide training in both English and Arabic is an asset (10 points)
5) Full command of English for reports submission (10 points)
How to apply
Interested Consultancy Firm / Consultants are invited to submit their proposal including:
a) A cover letter about their background, experience in the respective fields and previous / current clients;
b) List of their trainers with respective expertise and CVs;
c) Ability to deliver according to set timeframe;
d) Quotation per deliverable;
e) Any other documents that closely demonstrate their experience and competence.
Please send a single file named: [last name] [first name] should be clearly identified as “Recruitment of Consultant - Consultancy for Capacity Building” and submitted as PDF files via email to the following email address [email protected]