Emergency Project Officer based in Tyre for its IDP Centers.
The deadline for submission of CV and Motivation letter is on Thursday December 07th, 2023. The interested applicants should send their CV and Cover Letter to the following email [email protected], mentioning the title of the position applied for. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Written Technical Test will be required at the next phase of recruitment, while the shortlisted candidates will also have a Panel interview with the Programs Unit and HR. Employment is subject to donor budget confirmation.
Terre des hommes - Foundation (Lausanne) is seeking a qualified Emergency Project Officer based in Tyre for its IDP Centers.
Job Purpose / Main Functions:
The Emergency Response Project Officer leads Tdh’s emergency response efforts in South region, planning and providing oversight of project implementation. This includes direct supervision of field level logistics, procurement, safety & security, while supporting day to day management and coordination of program activities. She/ he will be responsible for oversight and support of all activities with IDPs related Programme activities of Tdh and partner NGOs. She/ He will be responsible for ensuring the effective and dynamic running of activities, provide guidance for operations and as well as coordination and representation.
Duties & Responsibilities / Context (Tasks) :
- Lead weekly project staff meetings and plan weekly activities and provide oversight of project implementation in accordance with set timelines, target and budget
- Undertake weekly field monitoring visits to assess progress, provide solutions and implement modifications as required
- Oversee program start-up and ongoing program management and administration of the teams across the various field locations.
- Provide clear communication with affected communities regarding targeting criteria, entitlements, how to access assistance and feedback.
- Ensure that programme implementation is in line with Child Protection Minimum Standards in Humanitarian Action (2019) in consulation with the Child Protection Programme Manager and Child Project manager and the Emergency Coordinator.
- Ensure all interventions adhere to principles of D
- o No Harm, the best interests of the child and non-discrimination
- Work closely with designated partner NGOs/ partner staff and hold regular meetings to coordinate and harmonize activities and provide updates regarding progress of activities and context related developments, when needed.
- Coordinate closely with the Emergency Coordinator, Child Protection Programme Maager and Child Protection Project Manager.
- Work closely and coordinate with project staff to ensure timely and compliant program activities and expenditures; including active participation in grant opening/closing and review meetings
Safety and Security:
- In coordination with the Emergency coordinator, ensure that the security protocols are followed ensuring the consistent monitoring and analysis of the security environment, and adherence by all staff to Tdh’s security protocols and procedures.
- Ensure that all staff in the field office are briefed on security procedures and protocols.
- Ensure prompt reporting of security concerns and safety/security incidents
- Ensure that premises are secure at all times.
- Take the lead role at field level in Critical Incident Management and incident reporting.
Staff Management and Development:
- Coach and mentor staff with the aim of strengthening their managerial and project implementation capacity, exchanging knowledge within the team and providing professional development guidance
- Promote and monitor staff care and well-being;
- Offer leadership support for successful adherence by staff to Tdh’s Global Code of Conduct.
- Maintain open and professional relations with team members, promoting a strong team spirit and providing oversight and guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions.
- Ensure timely completion and submission of monthly timesheets, probations reviews and annual performance reviews.
Grant Planning & Implementation:
- Anticipate, plan and manage structural transitions associated with a potential expansion or extension of projects / activities.
- Ensure regular field monitoring and notification of any project modifications as required.
- Undertake all other duties that may be requested by the line-manager and that are compatible with the job.
- Respect the Tdh’s Global Code of Conduct (GCD), Child Safeguarding Policy (CSP), Prevention from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse Policy (PSEA) and Policy on Gender and Diversity and its principles of child protection, ensuring the policy’s implementation and prompt notification of the CSP/PSEA Focal Point with any information regarding potential breaches of the policy;
- Is aware of, abide by and promote the practices and values set out in all other Tdh policies and procedures such as the Internal Regulations, Standard Operating Procedures and other policies;
- Undertake all other duties that may be requested by the line-manager and that are compatible with the job;
- BA/BS or equivalent in international studies, economics or other relevant field.
- 2- 4 years’ experience of humanitarian/ development program management experience including significant experience working at field level in complex emergency settings.
- Previous demonstrated experience in cash or voucher programming, market analysis and coordinating implementation with service providers is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and communicate effectively with ethnically diverse team members of varied work styles.
- INGO experience preferred and interest in humanitarian and refugee issues
- Understanding and knowledge of child protection and protection programmes and experience in working closely with and/or in an integrated manner with child protection/ protection programmes is a plus.
Job Related Competencies:
- Strong ability to prioritize work under pressure, maintain attention to detail, and coordinate multiple tasks to meet deadlines, demonstrate flexibility and creativity in planning and problem solving.
- Strong skills in people management, conflict resolution and capacity-building
- Effective verbal and written communication, multi-tasking, organizational and prioritization skills.
- Proven ability to learn quickly, lead a program to achieve stated results and objectives.
- Ability to effectively represent Tdh and its mission to key stakeholders.
Personal, Social and Leadership Competencies (PSLC):
- Communication and interaction
- Mission orientation
- Cultural sensitivity
Technical and methodological competencies (TMC) :
- Respect for the institutional framework
- Innovation & Development
- Quality Monitoring & Reporting
- Languages: English and Arabic (written, read and spoken)
- Computer skills: Microsoft office
Reports to: CP Project Manager.
Location/Travel: Activities in IDPs In Tyre Area.
Tdh Foundation, Lausanne has a zero tolerance to Sexual Exploitation and Abuse of beneficiaries. Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) is everyone’s responsibility and all staff are required to adhere to the Code of Conduct, that enshrines principles of PSEA, always (both during work hours and outside work hours). Familiarization with, and adherence to, the Code of Conduct is an essential requirement of all staff.
Daleel Madani, the civil society network, serves as a platform for organisations to post their professional opportunities, but is not involved in the recruitment process. The hiring organisation is solely responsible for the job and candidate selection.
- South Lebanon
- Tyr (Sour)