All applicants must send an updated CV in English.
Upon submission, please include the position " Finance Officer" in the subject of the email.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Red Oak is a Lebanese NGO. It promotes innovative approaches to existing social, educational, and cultural structures through education, art, art therapy and mental health, for the protection of children, and the empowerment of women and girls, with a special attention for people with disabilities.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensuring all payments are made on a timely basis and in accordance with existing procedures.
- Preparing monthly financial reports along with the supporting documentation that complies with Red Oak’s policies and procedures and donors’ regulations.
- Responsible for regular budget follow up.
- Supporting the development of budgets for new grant proposals.
- Data entry and bookkeeping for all financial expenditures into Red Oak accounting systems.
- Reviewing online bank statement daily and preparing the bank reconciliation for the different bank accounts on a monthly basis.
- Preparing the payment requests to be sent to the donor and ensure proper follow up on these instalments.
- Generating full monthly/yearly financial reporting for the organization expenditures.
- Implementing efficient allocations for running projects.
- Responsible for consultants/staff contracts as well as suppliers’ payments.
- Responsible for daily petty cash payments, recording and replenishments.
- Responsible for filing all documentation as hard copies as well as keeping a scanned copy.
- Attend required meetings with donors’ focal point.
- Assisting the external auditors during their visits.
- Preparing the required tax forms and ensure that Red Oak pays all dues to the government on a timely basis.
- Performing other relevant duties as required.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Business, finance or related area
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience in financial/accounting field
- Good in written English, fluent in spoken English
- Experience and knowledge of effective financial and budgetary control and grant management
- Experience in working in a multi-cultural and/or international work environment
- Experience in preparing budgets and monitoring expenditure
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Attention to detail with strong follow up and excellent organizational skills
- Uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to our values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment
- Excellent time management skills
- Team-oriented, with ability to work efficiently independently
- Good communication and reporting
- Can multitask, work well under pressure, and work efficiently to meet strict deadlines
Red Oak believes in diversity and invites candidates to apply regardless of gender, sexual orientation, race, colour, religion, disability, marital or civil partnership status, or ethnic and national origins, etc.