The Public Source, a Beirut-based independent media organization, is seeking to hire a web developer to work on front-end and UX development of its website, as well as other projects managed by its design and tech partner, SHFRA studio. The studio focuses on digital editorial design and the developer will be working under its technical guidance. The web developer reports to both SHFRA studio's lead developer and The Public Source's editor in chief.
Contract type: After a probationary period of 6 weeks, a renewable 12-month contract will be offered if agreeable to both parties.
Start Date: As soon as the right candidate is selected.
- Broad and extensive knowledge in software development frameworks and methodologies
- At least 3 years of demonstrated experience or portfolio
- Familiarity with SVG, video/audio formats, and interactive libraries such as p5js or d3js
- Experience with theme development for Drupal, Laravel, or similar CMS systems
- Knowledge of UX/UI, material design and frameworks and/or design systems such as Zurb Foundation, Emulsify, Twig, or Pattern Lab
- Experience with Git, Subversion or other revision control systems
- Strong knowledge in responsive design and developing mobile optimized websites and apps
- Demonstrated passion and/or interest in editorial design, typography, and journalism.
- Interest in open source tools and the open web
- Knowledge of SEO coding best practices
- Creating front-end interfaces, themes, and interactive content and graphics
- Conceptualizing and building pages (and websites) alongside the editorial and design teams
- Assisting the editorial workflow process in terms of converting content to web-friendly formats
- Troubleshooting issues and bugs whenever they arise
- Creative and resourceful
- Attentive to deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Salary: Remuneration is based on experience; base salary is $1,600 per month.
Location: Applicants based in Beirut, Lebanon are strongly preferred. Qualified developers in nearby time zones will also be considered.