Grants and Communication Officer
Kindly submit your cover letter along with your curriculum vitae to the e-mail: [email protected], mentioning the job title in the subject. "Grants and Communication Officer"
Any Email that does not contain a title will be automatically discarded.
Due to the acute need to fill this position, PU-AMI reserves the right to close this vacancy earlier than stated.
Première Urgence - Aide Médicale Internationale (PU-AMI) is a non-profit, non-political and non religious humanitarian NGO. Its objective is to provide a comprehensive response, in line with humanitarian principles and applying both needs based and rights-based approaches, to conflict affected populations. PU-AMI promotes humanitarian access and dialogue with all components of the civil society and reinforces the capacity of each vulnerable community (refugees, vulnerable host community) to become self-reliant and resilient, by responding to immediate needs and strengthening their socio-economic empowerment.
Today, PU-AMI is intervening in 21 countries in Africa, the Near East, Caucasus, Asia and the Caribbean to cover the needs of populations affected by conflict, natural disasters or economic crises.
PU-AMI in Lebanon has been implementing emergency and recovery projects in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, in Shelter Rehabilitation, Protection, Health and in Livelihood Recovery sectors.
Under the direct supervision of
Grants and Communication Manager
under the technical supervision
Grants and Communication Manager
under the overall supervision
Head of Mission
in supervision of
1- GENERAL OBJECTIVE
Under the direct line management of the Grants and Communications Manager, the Grants and Communication Officer provides key support in the development of concept notes, proposals, reports and quality communication channels and products of PU-AMI in Lebanon.
In constant liaison with the operational and support teams, the Grants and Communication Officer supports the compilation of all necessary information on ongoing projects and mission developments, in order to report on PU-AMI’s activities internally and externally, with utmost attention to timelines and quality.
The Grants and Communication Officer also creates and implements communications activities related to the operations of the Lebanon missions of PU-AMI in conjunction with the Grants and Communications Manager.
The objectives of this role are to identify and shed light on issues affecting Lebanese populations and the activities of PU-AMI teams, and to provide support to operations through communications strategies.
- RESPONSABILITIES AND TASKS
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports in the timely and qualitative production of all internal and external reports, concept notes, proposals and amendment packages, in close collaboration with program teams;
- Supports the Grants and Communications Manager and the programs teams in reporting and proposal writing;
- Supports the Grants and Communications Manager in the follow up of program’s activities and in the collection and compilation of information relative to program’s operational progress;
- Supports the production of content that feeds the organization’s communication channels on a regular basis;
- Supports the MEAL department in the collection and analysis of project data, to ensure the production of comprehensive documents and internal and external reports;
- Supports in the development and the implementation of the communication materials;
- Supports in developing press relations at national and international levels;
- Support in the compilation of information relative to program operational progress at coordination level;
- Supports the Grants and Communication Manager in the follows-up and mapping of existent and potential local partners;
- Provides thorough context and secondary data analysis to inputs communication and reporting documents.
SPECIFIC OBJECTIVES AND LINKED ACTIVITIES
1. ENSURE TIMELY PRODUCTION AND QUALITY OF INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL REPORTING AND COMMUNICATION PRODUCTS
- Support in the regular updates of the reporting schedule, and the preparation and launching of the reporting packages, which includes the main donors’ guidelines and templates to be utilized as well as the timeline;
- Ensure the regular update of the reporting schedule, and the preparation of reporting templates;
- Support the technical coordinators and the operational teams in the bases in the collection of information and inputs from Program and Support teams in due time, provide critical feedback, adapt inputs to the appropriate format, and submit the final paper for validation to Grants and Communications Manager in a timely manner;
- Provide reporting which adheres to and faithfully transposes donors’ contractual guidelines;
- Provide utmost standard of writing and quality to all reporting s/he prepares;
- Support the base teams in their grant related documentation and seek to improve their reporting capabilities.
- Help to establish and maintain the Grants & Partnerships Department archive and Grants Library
- Support programmatic teams at base level to prepare and review programmatic documents (reports, manuals, maps, etc.) as well as for other tasks when needed.
2. ENSURE QUALITY PRODUCTION OF PROJECT PROPOSAL AND AMENDMENT PACKAGES, IN CLOSE COLLABORATION WITH PROGRAM TEAMS
- Contribute to the preparation and consolidation of all PU-AMI grants’ documentation (i.e. proposals, concept notes, amendments, no cost extensions, etc.), by supporting the Grants and Communications Manager within the coordination (i.e. planning, distribution of tasks, milestones, list of components, etc.) of programs and proposal development (i.e. proposals, concept notes, amendments, no cost extension, etc.);
- Ensure the collection of information and inputs from Program teams at base and coordination level in due time;
- Ensure that information fits the appropriate format;
- Contribute to the submission of a qualitative, coherent and timely packages for validation to the DHOMP;
- Support the organization of kick-off meetings for the new projects, bringing together key coordination and field staff;
- Support the base teams and seek to improve their proposal and reporting writing capacities through regular meetings and the provision of comprehensive materials with the Grants and Communications Manager.
3. SUPPORT CONTENT PRODCUTION TO FEED THE ORGANIZATION’S COMMUNICATION CHANNELS
- With the validation of line manager, support in the production and coordination of communication content (i.e. photo reports, articles, videos, etc.) on a regular basis to feed the organization's communication channels;
- Support the adaptation of the production of content to the distribution channels for each initiative, in conjunction with the communication department at headquarters;
- Support the Grants and Communication Manager in providing critical feedback on Programs and Support teams inputs in every contractual and non-contractual document produced (reports, success stories, communication materials, etc.);
- Support in the production of visibility materials to meet donor requirements;
- Support in the establishment and maintenance of PU-AMI’s visual archive;
- Translate internal and external reporting and communication and materials from English to French/Arabic when required.
The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are non-exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project’s needs.
- Language Skills:
- Excellent writing and editing skills in French, Arabic and English.
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills in English.
- Education Degree:
Required: Bachelor degree in political science, international relations or equivalent education/experience (One to two years years of work experience in a related field).
- Photography or video production and editing.
- Good knowledge of Canva and/or Final Cut.
- Work experience: 1-2 years of experience in a similar position;
- Experience as coordination based Grants and/or Grants & Communication Officer.
- Experience with an international non-governmental organization.
- Experience in creating communication products (i.e. articles, success stories, etc.).
- Strong knowledge of the History, Economy and Political system of Lebanon.
- Strong understanding of the geopolitical and socio-economic challenges faced by the populations in Lebanon.
- Computer Skills: Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Adobe CC (Photoshop, Premiere).
- Excellent computer skills, including ability to operate Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and database Management software.
- Skills in GIS and graphic design/edition software is a plus.
- Transversals Skills:
- Excellent communication and listening skills with persons of concerns (displaced and host populations).
- Good photography and/or videography skills.
- Capacity to adapt in a rapidly-changing environment.
- Knowledge of the humanitarian sector and strong commitment to the humanitarian principles.
- Capacity to work in an multidisciplinary and multicultural team.
- Ability to work independently, take the initiative deal with challenges and take responsibility in a proactive approach.
- Self-motivated, flexible and adaptable to the needs of the team and organization.
- Diplomacy and open-mindedness.
- Good analytical skills.
- Organisation and ability to manage priorities and varied workload.
- Ability to guarantee effective and timely outputs.
- Problem solving and leadership skills.
- Ability to integrate into the local environment, taking account of its political, economic and historical characteristics.