SENIOR FIELD RESEARCHER
Kindly send your CV and a motivation letter to [email protected].
Put in subject of the email the reference: Application JO-SFR-01
Application deadline: Sunday December 1st, 2019.
The Senior Field Researcher’s primary responsibility is to plan, design, conduct, manage and report on high-quality, on-the-field program and project studies.
He/she selects and interprets academic and informal (on-the-ground) research initiatives to support NAHNOO’s operational and socio-economic data collection
specific needs according to its programs’ direction.
The Senior Field Researcher focuses on conducting thorough literature reviews, interviews, discussions and surveys and other participatory methods, closely interacting with field stakeholders & decision-makers & local communities, consolidating and reporting on findings to the Programs Director.
Duties and responsibilities
- Regularly discusses with the Programs & Grants Director and Executive Director on a strategic level and other relevant departments in the NGO on an operational level to have an in-depth understanding of the nature of data, analysis and research needed
- Articulates hypotheses of the research to be undertaken and implements proper action plan and associated initiatives
- Undertakes stakeholders mapping and power analysis
- Develop fieldwork plans and interviews protocols based on agreed research questions
- Apply a range of research techniques from planning & design to conduction and analysis reporting using tailored interview questionnaires and surveys to lead and/or conduct on-the-field research such as key informant interviews, focus group discussions, street surveys etc with decision-makers, stakeholders and key actors in local communities or on institutional level
- Gathers information directly or liaise with project coordinators to gather information, consolidate findings, evaluate outcomes and report to Programs & Grants Director
- Monitors, captures, filters, organizes & archives information and data into physical and electronic databases to ensure strategic and valuable information is readily available to the team for campaigning and projects conduction purpose
- Analyzes research information and data, and produces briefing papers and reports to support NAHNOO projects and campaign goals, making sure key challenges and issues are identified to lead to recommendations
- Produces research-based briefings, recommendations, reports on findings
- Works with the Communication Officer to prepare & present clear results in related communication supports when necessary
General qualifications & key competencies
Academic & Professional background:
- Academic background: preferably Masters in Sociology, Urban Planning or Architecture, Economics, Political Science, Public Health
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the research field
- Minimum 1 or 2 years of experience working with non-profit organizations and/or social enterprises
- Proven experience in quantitative and qualitative methodologies and research techniques
- Proven experience in conducting conflict analysis using a systems approach
- High-Level knowledge of the Rapid Analysis & Design methodology and Local Systems Approach
Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularity Excel & Word
Knowledge of Visio & GIS software is a plus
Fluent in written and oral English and Arabic - excellent level required
Logical thinking supported by strong analytical skills
Excellent report-writing skills
Very good organizational skills, punctuality, and ability to meet deadlines
Good interpersonal, team working and communication skills
Having a vehicle is preferable (as frequent traveling within Lebanon will be required)