Digital Transformation consultant
- General Information
- About Mousawat;
Mousawat Organization is an independent non-governmental organization registered with the Lebanese authorities (registration number: 1690). Building on its long expertise with People with disabilities, Mousawat provides various types of relief and development program and integration services to people in marginalized communities covering educational, social and health needs.
Mousawat is a rights-based organization that aims to promote equality and equitable opportunity Mainly for persons with disabilities and refugees in Lebanon. Mousawat runs programs that promote empowerment and employment, rights-based development, and social and health care services that aim to improve accessibility, mobility, inclusion, and participation. Mousawat works primarily with the following target groups:
a) Palestinian and Lebanese persons with disabilities of all ages – focusing on the poorest and the underprivileged,
b) Other marginalized and excluded groups, and refugees that don’t have the capacity or means to access their rights,
c) Various NGOs, groups and service providers working closely with persons with disabilities, refugees and on rights issues
Over the years, the organization has accumulated a significant amount of data, used various software systems, and maintained numerous spreadsheets for its operations.
Mousawat believes that digital transformation can have a significant impact on a non-governmental organization (NGO) across various aspects of its operations, helping it become more efficient, effective, and better able to fulfill its mission. Here are some of the keyways in which digital transformation can influence an NGO:
- Improved Data Management
- Enhanced Communication and Collaboration
- Efficient Resource Allocation
- Increased Outreach and Fundraising
- Enhanced Monitoring and Evaluation
- Streamlined Administrative Processes
- Remote Work and Flexibility
- Data Security and Privacy Compliance
- Transparency and Accountability
- Emergency Response and Preparedness
- Impact Measurement and Reporting
Based on what was mentioned above, Mousawat with the support of HI (Humanity& Inclusion) are implementing “Towards full Digital Transformation” project, to enhance efficiency, streamline processes, and improve accessibility to information.
- General and Specific Objectives:
2.1 General Objective:
The objective of the consultancy is to carry out an evaluation to the digital status of Mousawat and recommend a comprehensive plan for digitizing all aspects of the organization's operations. The analysis will need to identify the main needs, challenges, gaps, and factors that can drive the project to a successful transformation towards full digitalization.
This consultation is the first step of the full digital transformation that should encompass software, hardware, and create a unified online platform accessible from all centers. Additionally, it should facilitate data extraction for proposals, needs assessments, project results, and establish an internal referral system.
2.2 Specific Objectives;
a. Assess Current IT Infrastructure:
- Evaluate existing hardware, software, and data storage systems.
- Identify strengths, weaknesses, and gaps in the current IT setup.
b. Data Analysis:
- Review and analyze existing databases, spreadsheets, and data sources.
- Assess data quality, security, and privacy compliance.
c. Needs Assessment:
- Engage with key stakeholders, including management, IT personnel, and department heads, to understand their requirements and challenges.
- Identify specific needs for digitization in areas such as HR, procurement, program management, and beneficiary databases.
d. Unified Online Platform:
- Develop a strategy to create a unified online platform that can accommodate all organization-wide functions.
- Recommend suitable technologies, tools, and systems for this purpose.
e. Data Extraction and Reporting:
- Propose methods and tools for efficient data extraction to generate reports for proposals, needs assessments, and project results.
- Ensure that data can be easily analyzed and shared across the organization.
f. Internal Referral System:
- Develop a plan to establish an internal referral system to enhance communication and collaboration among staff and departments.
- Present recommendations for hardware and software upgrades, including potential vendors or solutions.
- Suggest a phased implementation plan with timelines and milestones.
The consultant will base his/her final report on the data collected from relevant documentation including desk review analysis, as well as the data collected through interviews, meetings …
The assessment exercise should be participative and an interactive process. The consultant should ensure that data about persons with disabilities are considered while developing the final recommendations. The methodology should use qualitative and quantitative data collection analysis.
- Target audience
- Primary Audience
Primary Audience counts actors and individuals who are going to provide primary data. The main primary audience are:
- Mousawat Team
- Concerned support staff from HI
4.1.2 Secondary Audience
The secondary audience counts actors who are going to receive, use, and benefit of the digitalized system. These actors include mainly all Mousawat staff, beneficiaries, supporters, and donors. The dissemination will be through the working groups.
- Principles and values
The Consultant should adhere to a set of principles and values to ensure they are effective in his roles and contribute positively to the organization's mission. The principles and values that consultants should respect are:
- Alignment with Mission and Values: Consultant should thoroughly understand the NGO's mission, vision, and values and ensure that his/her work aligns with these core principles. Their recommendations and actions should support the organization's overarching goals.
- Ethical Conduct: the consultant must adhere to high ethical standards, avoiding conflicts of interest and maintaining the confidentiality of sensitive information. He/she should act with integrity and transparency in all their interactions.
- Cultural Sensitivity: The consultant should respect local customs, traditions, and values and approach his/her work with cultural sensitivity. This includes recognizing the importance of community involvement and consultation.
- Long-Term Sustainability: The consultant should focus on solutions that promote the long-term sustainability of the NGO's programs and projects. This may involve building local capacity, promoting self-reliance, and ensuring that interventions are environmentally sustainable.
- Evidence-Based Decision-Making: The consultant should base his/her recommendations on sound research and evidence. They should encourage data-driven decision-making within the NGO and help the organization collect, analyze, and use relevant data.
- Flexibility and Adaptability: the consultant should be flexible and adaptable in his/her approach, recognizing that circumstances may change, and that solutions may need to evolve over time.
- Accountability and Results-Oriented: The consultant should set clear objectives and metrics for his/her work and be accountable for achieving results. He/she should regularly evaluate and report on progress to the NGO's leadership and stakeholders.
- Expected Deliverables and proposed timeline
6.1 Deliverables; The Digital Transformation Consultant will be expected to provide the following deliverables:
- Detailed report on the assessment of current IT infrastructure and data systems, including recommendations.
- Present the report finding to Mousawat team.
- In a participatory manner through collective workshops, define with the Mousawat team the priorities for improvement and develop an operational strategy;
- A comprehensive digital transformation plan, including recommendations, cost estimates, and a timeline.
- A proposal for the creation of a unified online platform.
- Recommendations for data extraction and reporting solutions.
- A plan for establishing an internal referral system.
- A cost-benefit analysis report.
- A workshop to present the results of the consultancy.
- Develop an operational plan
The consultancy is expected to be completed within four months after contracting.
The ideal consultant should possess the following qualifications:
- Academic background in IT sciences with a minimum of a master’s degree.
- Extensive experience in digital transformation projects, preferably in the NGO sector.
- Strong expertise in IT systems evaluation, software/hardware assessment, and data management.
- Proven track record of successfully implementing similar projects.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder engagement skills.
- Strong analytical and report writing skills.
- Excellent writing skills in English.
Qualified people with disabilities are encouraged to apply!
- Proposal Submission:
Interested consultants should submit their proposals, including a detailed scope of work, methodology, timeline, and cost estimate, through email by 30th September 2023.
Mousawat looks forward to receiving proposals from qualified consultants who can help us achieve our digital transformation goals.
How to apply
please send portfolio and cost estiamte to [email protected]Expired