TOT Emotional Crisis Management in the workplace
BACKGROUND FOR THE TRAINING REQUEST
MdM and their partners’ teams are working in Primary Health Care Centers (PHCCs), community Mental Health and Substance Use treatment centers, and community settings. In these different settings, the team members may encounter situations in which a service user or a service users’ caregiver might be going through an emotional crisis, with a risk of escalation and unstable and dangerous situation for the person and/or for the staff.
MdM is launching a call for trainer to provide a “Training of Trainers” (TOT) on Emotional Crisis Management in the Workplace allowing the participants to learn the main steps to deal with emotional crisis situations in the workplace and to be habilitated to share this information with their colleagues in their teams.
Training participants will be around 15-20 MdM and partners’ center supervisors, case managers, psychologists, nurses, community outreach officers and MHPSS coordinators.
Location of the training: Beirut
Time required: The consultant will determine the number of hours required to reach the objective.
OBJECTIVES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
After completing this training, participants will be able to:
- Understand what is an emotional crisis and define the different types of emotional crisis.
- Identify risk factors for emotional crisis.
- Identify the different levels and warning signs of an emotional crisis
- Set emotional crisis management strategies in their teams
- Follow evidence-based protocols for crisis management
- Use effective techniques to prevent and manage emotional crisis, including de-escalation techniques.
- Apply specific guidelines when dealing with the emotional crisis of persons with mental health conditions, and/or substance use related conditions and/or at risk of suicide.
- Identify effective crisis closure actions to be taken including effective referral and follow up when needed.
- Identify the actions that can be taken by the organization and staff involved, after the crisis event ends.
- Training colleagues in their teams to increase their knowledge and skills on emotional crisis management.
- Prepare the training outline, content and pre-post test.
- Share the training agenda and logistics needs with MdM team.
- Provide the training using different appropriate training techniques.
- Share the relevant training material with the attendees as well as any materials (written and or visual) utilized.
- Prepare a detailed final report with constructive feedback based on the evaluation of the training through formal and informal responses collected from participants.
- Follow-up meeting after two months, then after 6-9months to discuss challenges and questions by the trained participants, after they delivered the training and/or if they have experienced a crisis and need additional tools.
- Training outline and agenda
- Pre-post test.
- Logistics requirements to provide the training.
- Training material to be shared with the attendees, as well as a utilized materials (written and or visual)
- A detailed final report including constructive qualitative feedback based on the evaluation of the training through formal and informal responses collected from participants
- Academic background in Mental health, Public Health or relevant academic background
- Solid experience in working in MHPSS projects
- Experience in providing training to health and mental health professionals
- Qualified to provide training on Emotional Crisis Management
A competitive selection process will take place taking into consideration the entire offers including CV, technical and financial aspects.
1- Technical proposal to submit including:
- CV and Cover Letter
- A technical proposal (including training plan)
- Proof of similar training.
2- Financial proposal including:
- Financial offer, incorporating the budget allocation (Price including taxes, the validity of the offer, terms of payment, payment modality, etc).
- A copy of legal documents (MOF registration, VAT registration, Commercial Circular …)
Any and all relevant information or deemed of value to MdM.
How to apply
Deadline to apply: 08/01/2024, 05:00 PM
Expected starting date: end of January / beginning of February 2024
The proposal must be sent by email to: [email protected], and must mention in the subject of the email “005MR – 24 LB BEY 005 – Emotional Crisis Management TOT”, before 8th January 2024 at 05:00 PM.