Project Intern who will be a member of the project implemented by Live Love
This will be achieved by building the knowledge & capacity of youngsters on Lebanese heritage and history.
The intern will be provided with the opportunity to practice high-level professional skills.
Interns must be available to work 20-30 hours per week and must commit for 3 months minimum.
We are looking for a candidate that can begin by the end of August 2019.
Your contribution will be to
- Provide direct support to the project coordinator and other staffers as needed.
- Conducting research and preparing relevant documents related to the project.
- Taking activity notes and assisting in developing activity reports, surveys, and journals.
- Support in planning events, workshops, meetings, and conference calls, and assisting in relevant invitations and logistical preparations.
- Assisting the communication team with relevant information concerning the project, such as articles and media coverage.
- Joining meetings with the stakeholders, meetings with the office departments and relevant workshops.
- Developing and updating the contacts database of potential project partners among civil society and the private sector, and compiling an integrated mailing list for distributing key messages, updates, and successes.
- Support in Monitoring and Evaluation tasks.
- Support in Project financial management.
As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key duties.
You have the following qualifications
- BA or MA (completed or in progress) in Business Administration, Political Science, International Relations, or a related field.
- Ability to live in Beirut, Lebanon.
- Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills in English (native or near-native); proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel.
- Interest in youth activities and conflict transformation.
- Familiarity with the Lebanese context.
- Comfort in cross-cultural environments.
- Ability to maintain professionalism, creativity, and enthusiasm while working in a fast-paced, multicultural environment with minimal supervision.
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and willing to take on tasks small and large.
- Prior international or cross-cultural experience.
- Proficiency in Arabic & English (French is a plus).