Senior Program Support Coordinator (Beirut) - FOR NATIONAL CANDIDATES ONLY
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Please submit your application before August 10, 2020 on https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/9812?c=rescue
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Applications by email will NOT be considered.
Based in Beirut with occasional travel to the Field Offices in Zahle, Qobayat and Tripoli, the Senior Program Support Coordinator is responsible for the grants, MEAL and partnership units in IRC Lebanon, enabling effective cross sectors/departmental collaboration and leading on the rollout strategic initiatives. Reporting to the Deputy Director of Programs, this position will work closely with program coordinators, finance and operations departments
Program Management to enable a coordinated, coherent system of planning, monitoring and oversight of implementation
- Review and promote understanding of, and adherence to, standardized grants planning, monitoring structures, partnerships management across IRC Lebanon departments in coordination with Grants, MEAL and Partnership Coordinators.
- Lead on the roll out and institutionalization of the new Project Cycle Meetings initiative
- Oversee the adherence to / development of clear processes and systems to ensure that:
- Key program data is systematically collected, analyzed and shared;
- Progress towards program deliverables is systematically tracked using key indicators.
- Organizational learning can be prioritized and used in program design and implementation (including re-design of long-term programs), as well as external communication and advocacy.
- Feedback from beneficiaries is strategically used to adapt programming and organizational policies were applicable.
- Coordinate with the finance, grants and partnership department and support program coordinators to ensure sound budget development and spending oversight through the use of adequate financial management tools, including regular BVAs and spending plans review.
- Facilitate and foster program integration among IRC sectors and with partners in line with programmatic needs and donor commitments.
Strategic alignment and representation
- Support the implementation of the Country Program Strategic Action Plan, with a particular focus on the achievement of IRC Lebanon’ strategic objectives.
- Support on the development of the new IRC Lebanon strategy, strategy action plan (SAP) and ensure SAP reporting requirements are timely met.
- Fulfill liaison or representation requirements to donors as the need arises and/or in the absence of regular donor focal points as assigned by line manager
- Lead on cross departmental / cross sector initiatives and specific projects as assigned by line manager
Oversee the IRC Lebanon Grants, Partnership and MEAL units and support business development
- Line manage and provide day to day support to the Grants, Partnership and MEAL Coordinators
- Oversee the IRC Lebanon Grants Unit to ensure timely & quality business development strategies, proposal development, reporting to donors and management of contractual requirements.
- Support on business development opportunity identification; work closely with Grants Coordinator and HQ to ensure structured monitoring, research and analysis into donor strategies and share with relevant program staff, DDP and CD.
- Facilitate multi-sectoral and strategic project design meetings as assigned by line manager
- Review major compliance issues on grants and contracts, contribute to identify and implement appropriate solutions as necessary in coordination with the relevant Country Program and HQ focal points.
- Oversee the IRC Lebanon partnership unit to ensure partnerships are managed in holistic manner which balances programmatic objectives and compliance requirements, and implement an overall framework for partner support and management across all sectors and determining tailored strategies for working with partners.
- Oversee the IRC Lebanon MEAL Unit to ensure program develops and meets its monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning commitments.
Staff Management and Development
- Coach direct reports with the aim of strengthening their technical and management capacity, exchanging knowledge within the team and providing professional development guidance.
- Supervise and mentor direct report staff, including communicating clear expectations, setting performance objectives, providing regular and timely performance feedback, and providing documented semi-annual performance reviews.
- Promote and monitor staff care and well-being; approve and manage all leave requests to ensure adequate coverage.
- Lead and model successful adherence to IRC’s Global HR Operating Policies and Procedures.
- Champion Staff and Clients safeguarding policies in the workplace at all levels.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Deputy Director for Programs
Position directly supervises: Grants Coordinator, Partnership Coordinator, MEAL Coordinator
Indirect Reporting: N/A
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: IRC Lebanon Finance Department, IRC Lebanon HR Department, HQ and Regional grants/compliance teams, Program Coordinators, regional technical leads as relevant
External: In-country donor counterparts, partners
- Degree in international development or related field, advanced degree preferred.
- At least five years of experience in international development, with at least two years’ experience in a related position.
- Must have experience working overseas in a developing country, protracted crisis or conflict zone.
- Familiarity with management of large-scale, multi-donor programs.
- Understanding of key elements of partnership development, M&E, accountability, research and grants management in a protracted crisis setting.
- Demonstrable understanding of project planning and management cycles, and strong program design skills.
- Demonstrable high-level performance management and team-working skills; well-developed negotiation skills and ability to communicate effectively in internal and external settings.
- Experience managing teams
- Previous experience working with European and US public donors, as well as UN agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and express complex ideas coherently and succinctly.
- Ability to handle many projects at the same time and to be organized and efficient.
- Ability to effectively work independently within the framework of a larger team
- Excellent inter-personal, cultural and diplomatic skills.
- Fluency in English, spoken and written is essential. Fluency in Arabic is an asset