Advocacy Lab Auditor
Helem, is the first LGBTQIA+ rights organization in the Arab world, officially established in Beirut, Lebanon in 2001. Its mission is to lead the struggle for the liberation of Lesbians, Gays, Bisexuals, Intersex, Transgendered, Queer (LGBTQIA+) and other people with non-conforming sexualities and/or gender identities in Lebanon and the SWANA region from all sorts of violations of their individual and collective civil, political, economic, social, and cultural rights. Our goal is to empower young LGBTQIA+ leaders to advocate for their own liberation. We seek to create initiatives and spaces where our communities can leverage unity through diversity and build power. We protect and support individuals with the resources to resist the harm caused by homophobia and transphobia. We empower our youth through education and community building, and we mobilize to change the laws, policies, and practices that deny us equality and reduce our quality of life.
Helem is seeking a qualified and experienced auditor to review the finances of our Organizations campaigns. This includes a comprehensive examination of the income, expenditures, and related financial documentation. The goal is to provide an accurate and transparent account of the participating CSO’s financial activities throughout these campaigns.
- Conduct a thorough audit of financial records pertaining to our campaigns.
- Examine all financial transactions, receipts, and disbursements.
- Ensure compliance with legal and regulatory financial standards.
- Provide a detailed report with findings, including any discrepancies or irregularities.
- Make recommendations for improving financial management and reporting.
The external Auditor is required to plan, execute and report on the following matters to Helem’s Advocacy lab CSO campaigns program.
- A Summary of the Findings Report related to any weaknesses in the Internal Control Structure. For each organization.
- Finding: Describing the observed campaign’s budget breakdown.
- Impact: Identifying the impact of the identified internal control breakdown.
- Recommended Action Plan: Recommending a course of action to be taken by the Advocacy lab CSOs to address the control breakdown.
- Final reports to be issued after finalizing the CSO’s campaigns by end of May 2024.
- Confidentiality is fully connected to a wide extent
- Profession code of conduct and code of ethics with all the national and international anti bribery - anticorruption and all the codes in relation are fully connected.
- High Level of customer service and direct continuous communication with our management and employees in relation is always maintained.
The audit firm/ external Auditor, is an independent, internal audit firm and a member of a National Organization of Chartered Accountants, which is itself a member of the International Federation of Accountants (IFAC).
- Presentation and background
- Experiences of the audit firm and Experience with NGOs in particularly
- CV of the auditor responsible for the assignment and references of previous experiences.
- Financial offer and the payment method and terms
- Validity of the offer.
How to apply
All individuals interested in being part of this programming and who fit the criteria listed below should apply by sending an email [email protected] & [email protected] under the subject “Advocacy Lab Auditor”.
Women, trans*, and gender non-conforming individuals, or companies headed by them, are strongly encouraged to apply.
Submit your application before November 30, 2023.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.