Administrative Assistant - Dora Office
Interested individuals should submit their CV & Cover Letter by November 9, 2023 to
[email protected] indicating in the subject line “Administrative Assistant – Dora Office”
E-mails with no subject lines will be disregarded.
The interview process will be ongoing and might end upon receiving a qualified candidate for the position.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applicants who have a personal relationship/association with a CLDH staff member are required to declare it in their email application.
The Lebanese Center for Human Rights (CLDH) is a local non-profit, non-partisan Lebanese human rights organization based in Beirut. CLDH was created in 2006 by the Franco-Lebanese Movement SOLIDA (Support for Lebanese Detained Arbitrarily), which has been active since 1996 in the struggle against arbitrary detention, enforced disappearance and the impunity of those perpetrating gross human rights violations.
CLDH monitors the human rights situation in Lebanon, fights enforced disappearance, impunity, arbitrary detention and racism and rehabilitates the victims of torture. CLDH regularly organizes press conferences, workshops and advocacy meetings on human rights issues in Lebanon and collects, records and documents human rights abuses in reports and press releases.
CLDH team on the ground supports initiatives aimed at determining the fate of all missing persons in Lebanon.
CLDH regularly follows up on numerous cases of arbitrary detention and torture in Lebanon in coordination with Lebanese and international organizations, and with the United Nations Working Group on Arbitrary Detention WGAD and the UN Special Rapporteur on Torture.
CLDH currently has four different offices in Dora, Baouchrieh, Beqaa and Tripoli.
Deliverable and Tasks:
The Admin Assistant will be reporting to the Programs Manager.
The assistant’s main duties include but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with social workers and the team to schedule appointments for beneficiaries with CLDH General Practitioners, Psychiatrists, and/or Physiotherapists.
- Serve as a liaison between CLDH team members and beneficiaries as needed.
- Welcome beneficiaries at the Front Desk and provide assistance at the Center when necessary.
- Respond to hotline inquiries via WhatsApp calls and chats (during working hours) and attend to the office landline, referring callers to social workers and laywers and track expressed beneficiary needs over the phone.
- Monitor and update the referral list for potential new cases that reach out or coordinate directly with the team.
- Maintain communication with pharmacies, laboratories, and other suppliers, as required and in collaboration with the Finance Department.
- Organize beneficiary files and establish a filing system under the guidance and supervision of social workers.
- Record and share meeting minutes.
- Follow up with team members regarding appointments, external referrals for beneficiaries, and other requirements
- Manage Petty Cash
- Complete procurement process forms in coordination with the team and the Finance Department, ensuring the verification of invoices and related documents before submission.
- Coordinate with the Logistic Officer for logistics-related matters.
- Provide support to the Programs Manager or Center Coordinator in center coordination and related administrative tasks.
- Any other tasks as required by the line manager.
● A minimum of 1 year in a similar position
● Good communication skills and team player
● Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
● Organization and time management skills
● Previous experience in procurement, compliance, and finance procedures
● Strong problem-solving skills
● Fluency in both Arabic and English languages
Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Accounting or other related fields.
CLDH acknowledges non-formal and self-education.
CLDH Office Dora, Lebanon
Daleel Madani, the civil society network, serves as a platform for organisations to post their professional opportunities, but is not involved in the recruitment process. The hiring organisation is solely responsible for the job and candidate selection.