Waste Management Specialist
Interested applicants meeting all the above requirements are to submit their applications on the following link: https://recruitment.berytech.org:92/ApplyJob?IdJob=37
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Your key responsibilities and accountabilities will include:
- Support in the initiation and establishment of a waste management cluster, bringing together relevant players, companies, NGOs, government agencies, and other stakeholders.
- Lead on conducting research and mapping exercises to identify key organizations, businesses, and individuals in the waste management sector for inclusion in the cluster.
- Assist in facilitating networking opportunities and foster collaboration among cluster members through regular meetings, workshops, and forums.
- Organize events, conferences, and seminars to promote knowledge sharing, innovation, and best practices within the waste management sector.
- Act as a liaison between cluster members, providing support, guidance, and resources to facilitate partnerships and collaborative projects.
- Collaborate with the communications team to develop and implement a communication and outreach strategy to raise awareness of the cluster and its objectives.
- Stay updated on industry trends, emerging technologies, and policy developments related to waste management, and disseminate relevant information to cluster members and programs.
- Co-Lead on the communication and outreach activities of the Clyntech Accelerator and scout for relevant startups to be enrolled in the program.
- Assist in needs assessment studies aiming to map the sector and its challenges and opportunities to help in designing well-informed support programs.
- Support and mentor idea stage startups participating in the Clyntech accelerator program who are working on waste management solutions to validate their ideas and prototype.
- Collaborate with startups to develop and iterate on their minimum viable products (MVPs), providing technical input and feedback throughout the development process.
- Provide technical expertise and support to all programs focused on waste management, recycling, and resource recovery targeting companies working in the waste management sector.
- Support the design and implementation of recycling and waste management support programs.
- Actively engage with startup and SME founders, providing mentorship, guidance, and connections to potential partners, investors, and customers, resources and opportunities within the waste management industry.
- Represent Berytech at relevant conferences, workshops, and meetings, advocating for sustainable waste management practices and promoting the cluster's initiatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in environmental science, waste management, engineering, or equivalent from an accredited university. Master's degree is a plus.
- Experience: More than 5 years progressively responsible experience in waste management, recycling, or environmental sustainability.
- Language: Fluent in Arabic and English, French is a Plus
- Knowledgeable in waste management practices, circular economy principles, and emerging technologies in the waste management sector.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office programs;
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.