Human Resource Manager
To apply, kindly send your CV and a cover letter to to [email protected]
AFE is seeking a Human Resource Manager to join its growing team. The selected applicant will work with AFE’s team in the Main Office located in Beirut, Lebanon.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the overall purpose of the position is to contribute to the attainment of the overall Organization’s strategic objectives through effective leadership and management of the HR function.
The position holder will provide practical, consistent, and proactive support, direction and advice to the People, Managers and all staff on HR policies, systems procedures and best practices. The Head of HR will work closely with program teams to ensure that AFE’s HR practices are aligned to its mission and core values.
HR strategy and Policy Management:
- Linking HR key objectives and priorities to AFE’s strategic objectives; coordinating HR practices and priorities in order to provide and reinforce the recruitment and ongoing development of a competent and efficient workforce.
- Develop/ Update HR policies and systems to support the achievement of the organization’s goals.
- Oversee standardized HR processes throughout the region (including AFE’s North Africa office), assist in the development of localized procedures as required
- To develop best practices in Human resource management and to ensure implementation in a fair, consistent and transparent manner.
- Champion Gender Equity and Diversity initiative and staff wellness programs throughout the organization
HR support to Senior management:
- Advising senior management on potential HR risks regarding legal and staff management issues.
- Participating in discussions about structure and organizational development and change and supporting recruitment of senior positions
- Using HR matrices keep management updated on HR Issues
- Advise the staff training needs and support the implementation of both formal and non- formal staff training programs
- Lead in understanding the upcoming HR needs and surpluses due to project close outs and rationally reconciling the redundancies with new hiring.
HR Work planning and monitoring and reporting
- Provide direction in the annual HR planning process
- Reinforcing HR reporting and planning; developing HR key performance indicators in order to develop an informed and accountable HR management.
- Develop efficient & effective human resource management systems that support the design and implementation of quality programming without compromising compliance.
- Oversee the implementation of a performance management system, update the system where necessary
- Develop the capacity of supervisory staff in managing the performance management system
- Ensure an attractive and competitive compensation and benefits package is maintained; developing specific program to attract and retain high performing staff.
- Ensure that all contracts i.e. employment, insurance and consultancy, adequately protect AFE’s interests
- Develop the HR Budget
- Oversee all recruitment and salary and benefits administration issues to ensure that relevant policies are being adhered to.
- Counsel employees on their terms and conditions of service, problems and grievances. Take lead in arbitrating on disciplinary issues and performance management issues.
Compliance and HR Risks management:
- Review and ensure compliance to HR policies and procedures; coordination of the development of policies, handbooks and supporting their implementation and dissemination;
- Manage staff issues (e.g. disciplinary, grievance) in line with the HR policy and in line with the local labour laws
- Champion quality, productivity, and continuous improvement within the organization
- Sign correspondences regarding human resources and management matters
- Review and approve Payrolls
- Approve employees’ salary advance
- All AFE Staff
- Based in Beirut, Lebanon with willingness to travel when necessary
- Degree in Human Resources Management/ Organizational Behaviour/ or related field and a Higher Diploma in Human Resource Management.
- Two to three years proven experience in a HR position, including high performance in the full range of human resource management activities (recruitment and selection, performance management, development, talent management, reward, employee relations etc.)
- Substantial knowledge of Human Resource administrative procedures and systems either through experience gained from human resources working experiences or from a similar NGO
- Substantial knowledge of Lebanese employment law
- Ability to influence and persuade decisions at senior management level
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- Knowledge and understanding of HR issues related to GED (Gender, Equality and Diversity)
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of HR policies and procedures, and HR best practices
- Capability to relate and work effectively across regional cultures
- Strong commitment to AFE’s values with reasonable judgement to take independent decisions as well as understanding when to escalate.
- A strong leader with ability to motivate and inspire team to achieve superior standard in all aspects of human resource management.
- Ability to position HRs strategically
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong relationships and networks quickly at every level within the Country Office, and Regional level.
AFE’s Executive Director
AFE is committed to an inclusive balanced work environment. We encourage women and members of the LGBTIQ+ community to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.