Research Consultant: Call for Expressions of Interest
The HIV response in the Middle East and North Africa does not yet respond properly to the key affected populations and those at risk. While many national programs have recorded efficiency and increase in screening efforts, the populations mostly at risk still face much stigma and discrimination and low prevalence of testing and lesser adherence to treatment and access to services.
On top of all the disparities, displaced populations face more stigma, less resources and a more limited approach to sexual health and to HIV in general. M-Coalition would like to collect data from 5 countries in MENA: Lebanon, Egypt, Tunisia, Morocco and Mauritania around the conditions faced by Key Populations who are displaced. War, political conflict, natural disasters, economic challenges and seeking better opportunities are key drivers of individuals from all over the region to migrate. However, not all refugees are registered, relocated or even taken care of. For many left unsolicited, they are denied treatment, access to services and care. This is a gap in the efforts to eradicate HIV.
M-Coalition would be filling out surveys with displaced key populations from different countries and backgrounds who are migrating to the aforementioned countries, their needs, their challenges, the stigma and discrimination they face and what how do they see their future.
Timetable and deliverables
- The consultant is expected to start within 10 days of recruitment.
The total period of the project is 6 months, the consultant is expected to support the project for 2 months (First month of data collection and last month for report writing)
- The two main tasks are:
Create the research methodology and the data collection questions.
Coordinate with national partners on survey data and adapt to national context.
Explain and train at least one individual (by skype) of the national partners on the survey created
Compile, analyse data and write the report.
- Fees: 2500$ divided over 2 payments of 1250$ (First payment on delivery of research tools, second payment upon delivery of final report)
Essential qualifications of experts
- University Degree or Equivalent in Social Work, Research, Psychology, Anthropology, Public Health OR Over 5 years in NGO work if holding a non-related university degree
- Experience working with HIV, Key Populations, Marginalized Populations, LGBT, Refugees, public health and awareness is a must.
- Experience working in MENA is an added value.
- Previous experience in conducting research, evaluations, report writing, analysis of data, statistics, service delivery and sexual and reproductive health.
The working language will be English. Knowledge of Arabic and French is desirable.
How to apply
Interested candidates have to send their Curriculum Vitae alongside an expression of interest indicating why they are the best choice for this position.
Kindly send your documents to [email protected]
Include: RFG Consultant in your email subject
Only profiles that match the requirements will be shortlisted.
Only the shortlisted will be contacted for an interview.
Deadline: January 25 2020Expired