Consultancy to conduct activities with children during a community event on responsible waste management practices. PD#: LBTY01638
Action Against Hunger is a multi-sector humanitarian and development actor in Lebanon, providing services in WASH, FSL, Nutrition and Emergency Response (with Shelter/NFI components). We are present in Lebanon since 2006 implementing projects in the following sectors: Water, Sanitation and Hygiene; Nutrition and Mental Health; Food Security and short-term Livelihoods such as Cash for Work and Income Generation Activities.
Action Against Hunger Lebanon, under the project “Livelihoods’ promotion and economic engagement for Syrian refugees and host population in vulnerable communities in the Bekaa and South Lebanon” kindly funded by the German Cooperation through KfW Development Bank, aims to reduce short-term needs of the most vulnerable population and to enhance community assets for strengthening livelihoods and resilience through a participatory community based approach, with the engagement of vulnerable Syrian refugees and Lebanese citizens. The project contributes to the livelihoods of the host population and refugee communities in vulnerable areas, improving their socio-economic conditions through labour intensive work while supporting the development of the agriculture sector and environmental services in the Bekaa and South Lebanon.
As part of this project, Action Against Hunger is organizing a community event named ‘صار دورنا نفرز صح’ on solid waste management to raise awareness and promote responsible waste management practices among community members. The event will be held in the Tyre public garden on the 14th or 15th September (to be confirmed soon) and will include ludic activities suitable for both adults and children. It seeks to educate participants about the importance of waste reduction, recycling, and proper waste disposal methods in a fun and interactive manner. We are expecting around 150 participants, including around 80 kids.
Objective of the Consultancy
Action Against Hunger is seeking a competent and experienced consultancy to organize engaging and environmentally focused activities for a community event. The purpose of the event is to raise awareness about recycling, creativity, and resourcefulness among children and families in the Tyre.
The main objectives of this consultancy are:
- To promote awareness about recycling and the transformation of waste materials into art pieces.
- To encourage creativity, resourcefulness, and sustainable practices among children in the community.
- To provide a fun and engaging experience for the community during the event.
- To highlight the importance of reusing everyday waste materials and the potential for creative repurposing.
The consultancy should plan, execute, and supervise 2 to 3 activities during the event such as (not limited to):
Recycled Sculptures: Provide children with a variety of recyclable materials such as cardboard boxes, plastic bottles, paper rolls, and aluminum cans. Encourage them to use their imagination and creativity to build sculptures or structures using the recyclable materials. Children can paint or decorate their sculptures to give them a unique touch. This activity showcases how waste materials can be transformed into art pieces and encourages creativity and resourcefulness.
Recycled Paper Making: Teach children the process of making recycled paper from used paper scraps. Help them tear the paper into small pieces and soak them in water. Use a blender to blend the paper and water mixture until it forms a pulp. Children can then use a screen or mesh to scoop up the pulp and press out the excess water, creating their own recycled paper sheets. This activity demonstrates the transformation of wastepaper into a new usable product while also emphasizing the importance of recycling.
Bottle Cap Mosaic: Collect a large number of bottle caps in different colors and sizes. Provide children with a base material such as a wooden board or canvas. Encourage them to arrange and glue the bottle caps onto the base, creating a mosaic design or pattern. This activity highlights the potential of everyday waste materials like bottle caps to be repurposed into artistic creations.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Contracting Party
Action Against Hunger agrees to:
- Provide all the necessary information and contacts for the accomplishment of the service on time.
- Review and validate the activities and tools proposed by the Consultant.
- Review and validate the materials proposed by the Consultant.
- Pay the Consultant according to the Terms of Payments agreed in the Contract.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Consultant
The Consultant agrees to:
- Develop a detailed plan for each activity, including materials required, logistics, and safety measures.
- Prepare a step-by-step guide for the activities, ensuring it is suitable for children's participation.
- Set up the activity stations.
- Supervise and facilitate the activities to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for participants.
- Provide necessary instructions and guidance to children and families participating in the activities.
- Ensure proper hygiene practices are followed during the recreation activities.
Action Against Hunger is looking for a consultant with the following qualifications and experience:
- Proven experience in organizing similar community events or activities.
- Expertise in conducting creative and environmentally-focused workshops for children.
- Knowledge of recycling practices and the transformation of waste materials into art pieces.
- Strong organizational and supervisory skills.
- Ability to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for participants of all ages.
- At least 5 years of professional experience
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Arabic language
- A C.V highlighting references to previous relevant experiences.
- No pending judicial lawsuit that can endanger the objectives of the consultancy.
Clarification meeting will be held on the 16th of August at 10:00 am to discuss deeply the needed consultant requirements.
If you are willing to participate, please join our meeting through the below link and credentials:
Meeting ID: 393 845 369 49
Applicants should submit the following documents by email to [email protected] no later than 18th of August 2023 before/at 3:00 PM (Beirut Time).
- Detailed plan for 2 to 3 activities
- Financial offer detailing budget for each activity including materials, human resources and logistics.
Evaluation of Application:
Application will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- profile and experience of the consultant about the related subject (25%),
- the detailed plan proposed for the activities (25%), and
- financial offer including materials, human resources and logistics. (50%).
How to apply
Applicants should submit the following documents by email to [email protected] no later than 18th of August 2023 before/at 3:00 PM (Beirut Time).Expired