Online anger and stress management training consultant
JOB TITLE: Online anger and stress management training consultant
ABAAD aims at achieving gender equality as an essential condition to sustainable social and economic development in the MENA region. ABAAD has a proven record in working in addressing GBV in emergency settings. Through women, boys’ and girls’ empowerment and improving the quality of multi-sectorial assistance for women and girls survivors or at risk of GBV among the host and Syrian refugee population.
Response and Outreach to Empower Gender Based Violence (GBV) Trauma Survivors, in Syria 2019 is a project being implemented Syria. In the aim of providing quality GBV response, capacity building and prevention services to affected population residing in Syria. The capacity building component of this project includes multiple training themes in multiple GBV related response activities. The training will be implemented using an online modality in line with current COVID-19 health restrictions.
Stress and anger management
During armed conflicts, communities undergo sever stressors and adversities which can lead to different forms of human suffering on the individual, family and social levels. Hence the need for psychosocial support arises. In 2020 and due to the lockdown measures forced by government authorities, a new modality of intervention is needed to cope with the rising need for alternative solutions to deal with trauma survivors, domestic violence and other populations affected by the lockdown. Additionally, frontline service providers are facing new challenges in everyday work, especially with the current pandemic happening. This could cause elevated levels of stress and/or irritability that can also be projected towards work and personal life. The objective of the training is to provide these frontline service providers with evidence-based techniques to a)be able to provide anger management counseling techniques to beneficiaries remotely through telephone-based interventions with relevant and proper assistance using these techniques and b) deal with their own anger/stress.
Techniques in this training are based on various evidence-based modalities in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), the Common Elements Treatment Approach (CETA), and Interpersonal Therapy (IPT) specifically modified for non-professionals in mental health.
The anger and stress management training consultant will be responsible for developing context-based training materials and modules, utilizing generic and context specific tools and resources. The training will cater to building capacities of case workers and managers, front-liners, and other MHPSS care providers from multiple organizations in multiple governorates in Syria on the issue of anger and stress management theories and techniques.
The desired output of the training is a pool of skilled care providers with increased capacities to deliver online anger counselling, provide care for healing process and better organize psychosocial support and group online therapy.
Post holder coordinates closely with the Program coordinator for planning, implementation, and with ABAAD MHPSS & GBV Advisors for technical inquiries.
Designing and implementing a training workshop on anger and stress management relevant techniques and tools. The training is to be repeated over eighteen cycles. Each cycle is to be no more than eight sessions utilizing online-interactive and group-work-based capacity building sessions. This is to target eighteen different groups of case workers / managers, PSS animators or frontline staff care providers. Each group is to be made up out of 10 trainees.
- Design and contextualize online capacity building and training modules and materials, including needed theoretical information on the issue of anger and stress management.
- Prepare training files, including pre and post-tests to measure training impact, training evaluation and any relevant brochures and information materials in a portfolio to each trainee.
- Develop training agenda.
- Implement training to eighteen different groups of ten individuals, each cycle is made out of at least eight online sessions.
- Prepare training report, include comparison between pre and post-tests, participants’ evaluations of the training and any relevant recommendations.
- Other relevant tasks.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Extensive Experience in anger and stress management.
- Master’s degree in clinical psychology;
- Substantial knowledge and understanding of the GBV framework and related cultural and contextual dynamics;
- Experience in providing group and individual training, mentoring and other support to service providers working with national and/or international NGOs in the region;
- Proven competency and skills in use of online communication tools, solutions and training platforms.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Arabic
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
How to apply
Interested candidates for this position should send their CV along with a cover letter, to [email protected] copying [email protected] and [email protected] , and include the job title above in the email subject and cover letter by 25 July, 2020. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position!Expired