The project Plastic Buster CAP is funded by the European Union under the Euro-Mediterranean cooperation program ENI CBC Med. The project is led by the University of Siena, Italy, and executed in partnership with Tyre Coast Nature Reserve (TCNR)-Lebanon, Mediterranean Information Office for Environment, Culture and Sustainable Development-Greece, Legambiente Onlus-Italy, Higher Council for Scientific Research – Institute of Marine Sciences-Spain, El Ramis Society for Local Community Development of Barrany-Egypt, National Institute of Marine Sciences and Technologies – Department of Marine environment-Tunisia, The University of Jordan – Aqaba Branch. Faculty of Basic and Marine Sciences, Department of Marine Biology-Jordan. The project will tackle one of the most challenges of the world, especially the Mediterranean Sea. Plastic Buster CAP will help to enhance and transfer knowledge, experience, and best practice tools that address the entire management cycle of marine litter from monitoring and assessment to prevention and mitigation, towards an integrated and strategic approach that couples Ecosystem-based management and ICZM into local development planning.
The main responsibilities of the auditor will be the following:
- Perform audit of the project accounts.
- Produce timely reports on the projects account.
- Working with TCNR and government agencies to research and solve problems and develop policies and procedures that comply with current legislation.
- Analyzing, evaluating, developing, and implementing new control systems optimize operations or utilize new technologies.
- Recording, reviewing, and interpreting data to determine the effectiveness of operations.
- Examining records, reports, receipts, or other documents and comparing them to TCNR assets and liabilities.
- Bringing TCNR strengths and weaknesses to management's attention and providing advice as they develop responses or fixes for these issues.
- Generating reports and presenting findings to management or other interested parties.
- Maintaining awareness of current industry trends, technology, and developments.
- Handling additional duties and special projects to ensure the project is operating efficiently, effectively, and in compliance with all current regulations.
Qualification and Skills
- Bachelor degree in accounting or finance or a related field. A Certified Public Accountant (CPA) credential or Master degree is an advantage.
- Registered auditor/firm at the Lebanese Association of Certified Public accountants (LACPA) which in turn is member of the International Federation of Accountants (IFAC), according to the requirements set by the ENI Implementing Rules (art. 32) and in compliance with the national requirements.
- Strong understanding of accounting, banking laws, regulations, and internal controls.
- Sound understanding of audit theories, principles, and practices.
- Familiarity with general accounting practices and techniques.
- Reporting audit findings and recommending improvements
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with computers, especially bookkeeping or financial software and MS Office.
- Fluent in English and Arabic, both spoken and written.
- Knowledge of French is an asset.
- 3-6 years of experience in financial accounting, auditing, or a combination thereof, preferably in public accounting.
- Proven experience as an External Auditor.
- Previous experience in auditing of international projects funded by public funds, especially EU funds, especially ENI CBC MED projects.
- Strong interpersonal skills, critical thinking skills.
- Keen attention to details, problem-solving, and time management skills.
- Comfortability working in a collaborative environment.
How to apply
How to apply
The application shall include the following:
- Resume (for persons, or auditing companies) with complete list of previous project auditing experience.
- A declaration filled/signed/stamped by the auditor using this template (Model 2 attached) along with all required annexes;
- The full procurement procedure, including a quotation and an evaluation report (if any).
Please submit your application file to: [email protected]/ and [email protected] specifying PBCAP – Auditor in the email subject.
Application deadline is November 6th, 2022. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for further file compilation.
Read More at: Copyrights © 2022 Lebanon Support. All rights reserved.