Psychiatrist - Beirut
Interested candidates are hereby invited to submit Send resume/CV, financial offer, and cover letter, to the following email address [email protected], mentioning “Psychiatrist- Beirut” in the subject email.
Skoun is a safe space for everyone seeking support regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, nationality, mental or physical disability, political belief or affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, and expression.
Applicants to this position must abide by the above set values.
About the project:
Under the project of Mental Health Strengthening and Innovation Project for Equal Access to Health Care). A consortium of three organizations, MdM, Skoun, Embrace, and the National Mental Health Program (NMHP), supported by the Agence Francaise de Development (AFD), aims to improve the opportunities for women, men, boys, girls, and gender non-compliant individuals in Lebanon to enjoy the best possible mental health and wellbeing. The consortium aims to reach its objective by supporting community-based Mental Health and Psycho-Social Support (MHPSS) and Substance Uses (SU) systems offering appropriate, quality, and gender-inclusive services to all people living in Lebanon, particularly the most vulnerable groups and people at risk while tackling gender barriers in service access and gender biases in service provision. The specific activities of the project target the different levels of the social-ecological model with activities designed and aimed at the individual, interpersonal, organizational, and community levels.
The psychiatrist will provide comprehensive assessment and treatment to patients with Substance Use and Addictive Disorders. Additionally, the Psychiatrist will participate in the multi-disciplinary team (MDT) clinical meetings
Scope of Work:
- Build therapeutic relationship with patients to ensure confidentiality, trust, and openness
- Follow up on patients’ treatment evaluating the response to medication and the possible side effects and modify the treatment accordingly
- Facilitate and follow up the hospitalization of the patient, when needed.
- Participate in clinical meetings and case discussion meetings with the multidisciplinary team of the center to ensure proper follow up of the patient.
- Attend regular meetings, working sessions and trainings organized by project’s partners when appropriate
- Coordinate with nurses on clinical related matters
- Review and evaluate treatment progress and outcomes with Therapists
- Discuss with MDT discharge plan
- Enrollment, Clinical management and follow up patients enrolled in the OST program
- Provide psychiatric care to patients with Substance Use and Addictive Disorders in Beirut center
- Be responsible to maintain clear and updated data collection and submit the monthly reports to Skoun’s technical advisor and Skoun’s Clinical Coordinator
- Conduct a comprehensive assessment and discuss an appropriate treatment plan accordingly with the patient
- Analytical Ability
- Decision Making
- Planning & Organizing
- Time Management
- Expert knowledge of substance use disorder and other addictions and their pharmacological treatment
- Expert knowledge of adult psychiatry and mental health.
- Comprehensive knowledge of evidence-based psychosocial interventions for treatment of substance use disorder.
- Expert knowledge in Emergency Psychiatry
- Expert knowledge in Opiate Agonist Therapy