Please send us your updated resume along with your answer on the below:
Please pick a challenge/problem in Lebanon and what ideas/projects would you suggest tackling this challenge (500 words). Extra points for being: Creative, dynamic, an initiator, and a strong believer in social change.
How to apply
Send your resume in addition to your answer to the above question to [email protected].
Make sure to check our work & projects:
We are a group of dedicated, specialized, visionary people with diverse expertise that has been consolidated over the years through engagements with various local and international actors. We are a social innovation lab that aims to surface, popularize, structure, and propagate community-driven social-economic organizations and enterprises, paving the way for a transformational change in Lebanon and the MENA region.
We believe in pragmatic, agile, contextual, and creative ideas and solutions to address local challenges. We believe in the power of a democratic, equitable and decentralized economy that relies on solidarity economy enterprises, Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs), grassroots, and community-driven initiatives.
Based on the grounded grassroots, community-driven insights and perspectives, and empirical research we design the most appropriate and tailored organizing tools, dynamic social and economic structures, and state-of-the-art innovative tools.
Ryzomes is looking for a Finance Coordinator to take charge of the financial procedures of our lab by administering accounting operations to meet legal and project requirements.
This position is based in Beirut with potential internal travel.
Once you're here you will:
- Develop financial tools, processes, and procedures.
- Keep accurate records for all daily transactions.
- Process audits, invoices, and budget preparations.
- Prepare balance sheets.
- Assist with budget preparation and proposals budgeting.
- Record accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Update internal systems with financial data.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports.
- Reconcile bank statements.
- Participate in financial audits.
- Track bank deposits and payments.
- Assist with budget preparation.
- Review and implement financial policies.
- Monitor day-to-day team members’ needs and paperwork.
- Support with different projects finances in collaboration with the directors, project managers, and coordinators in different projects once needed.
- Available for other related duties when requested.
- Coordinate on a weekly basis with the project manager on different projects finances.
- Coordinate closely with the logistics and procurement team.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports in coordination with the directors, project manager, coordinators, and other team members.
Relevant Experience and mindset:
- Proven work experience as a Finance Officer or similar role.
- Previous experience in the NGO scope of work.
- Solid knowledge of financial and accounting procedures.
- Experience using financial software.
- Advanced MS Excel skills.
- Knowledge of financial regulations.
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills.
- Sharp time management skills.
- Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data.
- BSc degree in Finance, Accounting, or Economics / or related field.
- Professional qualification as a CFA/CPA or a relevant qualification is considered a plus.
- Assured to have an excellent level of communication skills.
- Confidence to handle more than one task.
- Keen to maintain a positive work atmosphere.
- Shares Ryzomes core values (Organization, Participatory, Democracy, and Solidarity), mission, and vision.
- Confident to handle emergency situations and work under pressure.