Operations Consultant- QITABI 3
TO APPLY follow this link.
RTI International is an independent, nonprofit research institute dedicated to improving the human condition. Our staff of nearly 6,000 works in more than 75 countries—tackling hundreds of projects each year to address complex social and scientific challenges on behalf of governments, businesses, foundations, universities, and other clients and partners. Through independent research and science-based programs, we are making positive impacts on people and communities around the world. Our diverse team embraces challenges in an inclusive atmosphere that values work-life balance and creates global opportunities for career development. If you’re looking for a dynamic workplace culture, comprehensive benefits, and opportunities to grow, join our team and discover the RTI Difference.
USAID/Lebanon has recently awarded RTI a $97 million USD, five-year Cooperative Agreement to build on nearly a decade of investments in the education system under Quality Instruction Towards Access and Basic Education (QITABI) 1 and 2. The purpose of QITABI 3 is to further strengthen education service government systems to yield student learning improvements across all of Lebanon’s public schools (first and second shifts) and in select low cost private schools that are vulnerable and economically disadvantaged. The activity will target an estimated 350,000 girls and boys in over a thousand of Lebanon’s public schools and vulnerable, economically disadvantaged low-cost private schools and will support the education system’s overall capacity to plan, budget, deliver, monitor, evaluate and institutionalize quality educational services by providing in-depth technical assistance to the Center for Educational Research and Development (CERD) and the Ministry of Education and Higher Education (MEHE).
RTI is seeking a Consultant to provide administrative and logistical assistance to the QITABI 3 team.
Place of work: Beirut, Lebanon
Primary tasks will include but not be limited to:
- Support logistical preparation of meetings, workshops, and other events.
- Support identification of local suppliers and potential office spaces.
- Serve as local point of contact for procurement related tasks e.g. manage communication with local suppliers, request bids, gather cost data, etc.
- Support local procurement of IT equipment and other project services (e.g., car rental, supplies, printing, etc.)
- Assist with setting up short-term and temporary office spaces.
- Support RTI's local hiring processes e.g. posting advertisement etc.
- Other administrative tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree and 2 years of relevant experience
- Experience in office management, procurement, and logistics management preferred.
- Knowledge of USAID procurement policies and vetting procedures preferred.
- Excellent knowledge and strong computer skills of Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong organizational, reporting and management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team.
- Experience in general business administration.
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills.
Level of Effort: Up to 25 days on a part-time, as needed basis for the referenced period of performance.
Period of Performance: September 18 – November 10, 2023
Daleel Madani, the civil society network, serves as a platform for organisations to post their professional opportunities, but is not involved in the recruitment process. The hiring organisation is solely responsible for the job and candidate selection.