Finance Officer- QITABI 3
RTI International is an independent, nonprofit research institute dedicated to improving the human condition. Our staff of nearly 6,000 works in more than 75 countries—tackling hundreds of projects each year to address complex social and scientific challenges on behalf of governments, businesses, foundations, universities, and other clients and partners. Through independent research and science-based programs, we are making positive impacts on people and communities around the world. Our diverse team embraces challenges in an inclusive atmosphere that values work-life balance and creates global opportunities for career development. If you’re looking for a dynamic workplace culture, comprehensive benefits, and opportunities to grow, join our team and discover the RTI Difference.
IDG’s International Education Division supports education development around the world by strengthening education policy, management and practice in order to achieve measurable improvement in teaching and learning. From our well-established reputation in education system strengthening, to innovative work in early grade assessment and learning, RTI is improving education quality, relevance and efficiency through implementation of projects funded by USAID, The LEGO Foundation, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, and other donors and clients.
USAID/Lebanon has recently awarded RTI a $97 million USD, five-year Cooperative Agreement to build on nearly a decade of investments in the education system under Quality Instruction Towards Access and Basic Education (QITABI) 1 and 2. The purpose of QITABI 3 is to further strengthen education service government systems to yield student learning improvements across all of Lebanon’s public schools (first and second shifts) and in select low cost private schools that are vulnerable and economically disadvantaged. The activity will target an estimated 350,000 girls and boys in over a thousand of Lebanon’s public schools and vulnerable, economically disadvantaged low-cost private schools and will support the education system’s overall capacity to plan, budget, deliver, monitor, evaluate and institutionalize quality educational services by providing in-depth technical assistance to the Center for Educational Research and Development (CERD) and the Ministry of Education and Higher Education (MEHE).
RTI is seeking a Finance Officer in Lebanon. The Finance Officer will be responsible for ensuring appropriate systems and procedures (payroll, cash management, vendor payments, budgeting and other related expenditures) are followed to properly disburse, account, budget and report project funds in an effective and timely manner.
- Place of work: Beirut, Lebanon
- Reports to: Finance Manager
Your primary responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Assist with timely reports to the client on project financial health to ensure that billing and collections are accurately performed.
- Ensure compliance with USAID’s, RTI’s, and Lebanon’s rules, regulations, and procedures regarding project finances.
- Help ensure effective coordination between office operations and implementing team.
- Assist the Finance Manager with preparation and submission of various monthly financial reports and statements (including expenses, receivable and payables, pipelines, projections, accruals, commitments)
- Ensure timely submission of the expense reports, bank reconciliations, and wire transfer requests to home office in the US.
- Prepare biweekly cash requirements, monitoring cash flow, and reconciling cash accounts to maintain appropriate cash balances, including petty cash system.
- Liaise with the Subawards & Grants Manager to help oversee project grant financial disbursements.
- Bachelor's Degree and 1 year of experience or relevant Master's degree.
- Experience tracking finances in Quickbooks
- Knowledge of USAID rules and regulations for finances and grants
- Ability to work under pressure and within tight deadlines.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to travel to other regions within Lebanon.
Daleel Madani, the civil society network, serves as a platform for organisations to post their professional opportunities, but is not involved in the recruitment process. The hiring organisation is solely responsible for the job and candidate selection.