Municipal Expert for the coordination of a primary health care center
▪ Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, Business Administration/Management
▪ No Criminal Record
▪ The expert shows willingness to travel abroad for the sake of the Project
▪ Minimum 5 years of work experience in a relevant field, including:
Working experience in organizational development
Working experience in/for public institutions or non-profit organizations
▪ Experience regarding project management and fundraising
▪ Soft skills:
open-minded, good intercultural communication, good presentation
Skills, ability to work under pressure and other related tasks.
▪ Local knowledge on Akkar and/or the Municipality of Al Mohammara and
▪ Fluent English (in writing and speaking) and Arabic (in writing and speaking) skills
is a minimum requirement
▪ Full vaccination against Covid-19
▪ Master’s Degree in Business Administration (specialty in Health Management),
▪ Preferably a resident of greater Tripoli because of the Transportation challenge
in the current situation (expensive gas fees, road blocks … etc.)
▪ Bachelor’s degree in (biomedical) Engineering
▪ Working experience in the (Lebanese) health sector
▪ Working experience in PHCs/dispensary/hospitals (in Lebanon)
▪ Experience regarding multistakeholder processes and participatory approaches
▪ Experience regarding working with international organizations
Interested applicants can send a motivation letter and a copy of their CV as well as relevant
certificates to [email protected], deadline for application is 11 February
Al Mohammara municipality within its partnership with Relief and Education Association of Orphans – Dar Al Zahraa’ is seeking to recruit a municipal expert, who will coordinate the establishment of an accredited Primary Healthcare Center (PHC) with a sustainable operational and financing structure.
The local expert shall be hired officially through the Relief and Education Association of Orphans and be seconded to the Municipality of Al Mohammara. With a population of approximately 51,000, the municipality has a diverse composition, including a Palestinian refugee camp Nahr El Bared (approximately 40,000 Palestinian refugees), approximately 8,000 Syrian refugees and approximately 7,000 Lebanese residents and it is looking for rehabilitating and equipping a medical center in the village.
The local expert will be hired within a programme called Expert Fund for Municipal Partnerships Worldwide, funded by the German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development. It is implemented by Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) in cooperation with Engagement Global with its Service Agency Communities in One World. This programme supports municipal partnerships, in this case it is the partnership between Al Mohammara and Opfenbach (German Municipality).
▪ Coordinating the development and implementation of a “sustainable business plan” to
Ensure that the PHC turns into an income generating source for Al Mohammara
▪ Coordinating the development of a management plan with a clear organizational Structure.
▪ Strengthening partnership activities between Opfenbach and Al Mohammara.
▪ Coordinating an updated needs assessment.
▪ Coordinating the development and implementation of a recruitment and training Concept (of medical staff).
- North Lebanon