Insurance Coverage for Medical and Workman Compensation
Background Information on Plan International
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And its girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 75 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Read more about Plan International's Global Strategy: 100 Million Reasons at https://plan-international.org/strategy
The objective is to ensure the well-being and protection of employees at Plan International Lebanon through the procurement of comprehensive insurance coverage for medical and workman compensation. Given the potential risks associated with medical emergencies and work-related injuries, it is crucial to implement robust insurance solutions. This process entails selecting a qualified insurance provider capable of effectively meeting the coverage needs of the organization.
Plan international invites your submission of a tender to provide services in accordance with the conditions detailed below. Plan International intends to issue a contract for the following services: Staff Medical Insurance
- Secure comprehensive insurance coverage for medical coverage, emergencies and workman compensation.
- Select a qualified insurance provider that meets the organization's requirements and has the best 100% in/out hospital coverage.
- Ensure financial protection and support for employees in the event of medical emergencies and work-related injuries.
- Comprehensive insurance coverage for medical coverage, emergencies, including outpatient, inpatient, and emergency services, for employees and their dependents (based on Plan International limitations).
- Medicine coverage based on official Doctor prescription and list of contracted pharmacies. – this coverage is to be provided as an additional optional coverage with clearly outlined additional cost.
- Coverage of Sexually transmitted diseases, Cancer and other similar and related cases
- International insurance emergency coverage
- Adequate workman compensation coverage for work-related injuries and occupational illnesses.
- Clearly defined coverage limits, reimbursement amounts, and deductibles.
- Efficient claims management process and timely compensation to injured employees.
4.Scope of Work
The scope of work includes:
- Evaluating insurance providers based on their experience, financial stability, and reputation, geographic coverage and hospital network.
- Reviewing coverage details, limits, and terms proposed by the insurance providers.
- Assessing the efficiency of claims management and customer service quality.
- Verifying compliance with relevant regulations and industry standards.
- Selecting the insurance provider that best meets the organization's requirements.
Criteria’s to be considered:
- CO-NIL is required with IN 100% & OUT 100%
- Payment mode: Cost to be included in USD
- Include VAT in calculation
- Waiting period & required documents needed with timeline of registration
- Coverage of pre-existing conditions
- Number of employees : we are at 56 employees, expected to reach 60-62 by end of August.
- Yearly salary total for the workmen insurance: Approximately 1,745,952$/year
- Type of work: office work with occasional field visits
- Claims/loss ratio is 35%
- Insurance coverage: full network AUB & CMC included
- Issuance of TOR:26/07/2023
- Proposal Submission Deadline: 14 August 2023 16:00 hrs.
- Evaluation Period: to 16 - 17 August 2023
- Final Selection and Contract Negotiation: 20 August 2023
- Overall Duration: Yearly starting 01 September 2023
- An evaluation committee, comprising representatives from HR, Finance, Operations and relevant departments, will oversee the process.
- The committee will evaluate insurance proposals based on predefined selection criteria.
- Payments to the selected insurance provider will be managed by the Finance Department.
- Legal requirements and insurance provisions will be addressed during contract negotiation.
7. Evaluation of offers
Plan International, at its sole discretion, will select the successful supplier.
Plan international shall be free to:
- Accept the whole, or part only, of any submission
- Accept none of the proposals
- Republish this Tender
Plan International reserves the right to keep confidential the circumstances that have been considered for the selection of the offers.
Part of the evaluation process may include a presentation from the supplier.
Value for money is very important to Plan International, as every additional USD saved is money that we can use on our humanitarian and development work throughout the world.
Plan International may award multiple contracts and all contracts will be non-exclusive.
8. Contract & Payment terms
Please note that, if successful, Plan International’s standard terms of payment are 30 days after the end of the month of receipt of invoice, or after acceptance of the Goods/Services/Works, if later.
9. Plan International’s Ethical & Environmental Statement
The supplier should establish environmental standards and good practices that follow the principles of ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems, and in particular to ensure compliance with environmental legislation
The onus is on the invited individual/companies to ensure that its offer is complete and meets Plan International’s requirements. Failure to comply may lead to the offer being rejected. Please therefore ensure that you read this document carefully and answer fully all questions asked.
For any queries, please send your questions [email protected]
Thank you for your proposal
How to apply
11. How to apply:
Suppliers should send documents and the online excel filled ( below link ) only on August 7th , 8th , 9th ,10th and 11th from 9 am till 2 pm in a Sealed Envelope to Plan International – Lebanon Office with all the needed documents required in addition to:
- Certificate of registration in VAT- شهادة تسجيل في الضريبة على القيمة المضافة
- Company registration certificate- شهادة تسجيل شركة
- إذاعة تجاريه
- Excel Form to be downloaded and filled :https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fOhYjvFBLBWte5s4zs4Pvwq4NCwKVl_B...
Address: Sassine , facing greens café - Shibli Bldg; Same building as supermarket Hibou; 2nd Floor, Independence street, Near to El Saydeh Church Ashrafiyeh | Beirut, Lebanon.Expired