Project / Programme Manager
Applications should include a detailed CV and a motivation letter. Please send your CV and motivation in English to the following e-mail address: [email protected]. The deadline for submission is April 15th, 2022.
Please consider that will be reviewing the CVs on daily basis therefore early applications are encouraged as the vacancy could be closed before the deadline, once a suitable candidate is selected. We review CVs on daily basis and therefore might close the position before the deadline.
Position: Project / Programme Manager
Duty station: Beirut, Lebanon
Line Manager: Area Programme Director
Starting Date: ASAP
Contract Duration: 5 months with the possibility of extension
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess and analyse contextual developments, risks and needs in the designated programme areas, and contribute to development of the programme strategy and new project proposals;
- Participate in mapping and due diligence of potential partners for cooperation and strategic partnerships;
- Supervise, support and coordinate quality and timely implementation carried out by partners in designated programme areas in line with relevant standards and internal and donor requirements:
- Ensure that programme targets are reached in accordance with agreed programme objectives and as per contracts with donors and in line with the overall programme approach;
- Ensure partners achieve the project targets and deliverables in accordance with agreed project objectives, work plans, and as per project documents and contracts, and in line with the overall programme approach and donor requirements;
- Provide technical guidance to partners and support development of programme tools, SOPs, training materials and other key documents;
- Ensure partners submit narrative and financial reports and all relevant supporting documentation timely and in the required quality;
- Identify and assess delays, gaps and needs with the partners’ teams and ensure adjustments and corrective actions are made to improve overall quality of programming;
- In coordination with the M&E and Accountability Coordinators ensure that partners develop good quality MEAL tools and build the partners’ capacity to conduct and produce quality M&E outputs for the implemented activities;
- Ensure all contractual obligations are followed on the side of partners and PIN, as per the Partnership Agreements;
- Conduct monitoring visits or ensure external monitoring is introduced;
- Collect, review and complete quality inputs for external reporting and proposal development;
- Manage the project budget, update drawings and forecasts;
- Ensure MEAL plan is implemented, ensure appropriate indicator tracking, and ensure that accountability to affected populations (AAP) is in place;
- Participate in the development and supervision of rapid needs assessments, monitoring surveys, evaluations, and planning and implementation of other MEAL activities as required;
- Build the capacity of partners’ teams and transfer key skills through in-house and external trainings based on jointly identified capacity building needs of partners;
- Comply and adhere to PIN Code of Conduct, policies, guidance and procedures.
- University degree in related field;
- Minimum 3 years of programme/project management in humanitarian/development field;
- Strong experience in livelihood programming: TVETs, apprenticeship, business grants, etc
- Experience working with partner organisation(s) and building partnerships is a strong asset;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Fluency in Arabic and English, both written and spoken;
- Proven organisational and facilitation skills;
- Strong project and team management skills;
- Empowering and building trust;
- Strategic thinking.
People in Need offers:
- Friendly and participatory working environment in a well-established and growing humanitarian organization;
- Strong support in professional and personal development with on-the-job couching, technical guidance, and internal and external training opportunities;
- Salary according to PIN salary scale and HR policies;
- 24 days of paid leave annually.
Daleel Madani, the civil society network, serves as a platform for organisations to post their professional opportunities, but is not involved in the recruitment process. The hiring organisation is solely responsible for the job and candidate selection.