Project Coordinator in Arts & Culture project
Kindly send the below elements to [email protected], indicating in the subject the reference: JO-PC-04:
- Your CV
- One-page cover letter
For time constraint reasons, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview to discuss their application further.
Who is NAHNOO?
NAHNOO is a Lebanese registered Non-Governmental Organization working since 2009 as a research and advocacy platform for participatory policymaking, towards an inclusive society in Lebanon. The NGO rallies volunteers across Lebanon and through multidisciplinary and participatory research, capacity-building workshops, and grassroots activities, we provide a platform for youth and professionals to lead the planning and implementation of advocacy campaigns and gain the skills needed to impact policy-making at the local and national levels.
NAHNOO, works through three areas of intervention that revolve around the city through advocacy campaigns and local development actions while empowering youth:
- Public spaces promotion and preservation,
- Arts & Cultural heritage,
- Good governance on a local and national level.
In the framework of its Public Space and Arts & Cultural Heritage programs, NAHNOO is looking for a Project Coordinator to participate in implementing a project in Bourj Hammoud (Mount Lebanon) to enhance social cohesion by artistically activate abandoned spaces (see project brief attached).
Project Coordintaor (PC) will be in charge of managing the volunteers participating in the project. A main aspect of the job is on-ground coordination work, engagement with the community of Bourj Hammoud, and close work with the experts on the project in cooperation with the relevant Program Director.
The PC handles on-site operations/activities & logistics, involved human resources, community relations & representation and ensures safety & security of staff & beneficiaries.
The PC ensures that project implementation & outputs are conducted smoothly with the efficient participation and distribution of NAHNOO’s team, following NAHNOO’s values & strategy, donor standards & requirements and local laws.
- Availability and commitment to the project on full or part time schedule
- Supports “Arts & Culture Program Director” in addressing programmatic challenges in the framework of his/her assigned projects
- Coordinates & assists the implementation of needs assessment research in Bourj Hammoud
- Ensures project is contributing a significant impact through on-the-ground monitoring by collecting the necessary data to assess with set indicators
- Participates in project evaluation with project staff and Monitoring, Evaluation & Reporting officer (ME&R) to assess project progress, impact & resource effective use. Facilitate beneficiary feedback, identify challenges & corrective actions required and capture learning.
- Produces accurate and timely reporting of activities & project status throughout its life cycle to the (ME&R) officer Support oversight & monitoring of team members operating in assigned areas
- Ensures accountable and efficient systems are in place for the implementation of project (example: workplan)
- Supports the management of project budgets by calendaring it and assisting the Procurement officer in drawing efficiently a procurement plan
- Facilitate communication and activities with participants and any contracting &/or partners through good community relations (establish and maintaining positive relationships with local community members, Government officials, municipalities, other NGOs etc)
- Engage local communities in participating actively in the project
- Plan, organize and attend relevant local meetings
- Coordinate the preparation & organization of assigned project activities & events
- Follow up requirements of grants with Grants Manager (visibility, deliverable, financial etc)
Educational & Professional Qualifications
- At least 1-3 years of experience in non-profit organizations &/or artistic/cultural initiatives
- Proven experience in field coordination, planning of program activities and community engagement
- Proven experience on facilitating peace building, conflict resolution & sensitivity and similar fields by working in multicultural & diverse environments
Key Skills & Competencies
- Computer literate, including knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, basic software applications and familiarity with internet, email and messaging tools
- Fluent in Arabic and English (Oral and written)
- Ability to mobilize local communities and organize local events
- Excellent interpersonal, team working and communication skills
- High organizational skills
- Synthetic report-writing skills
- Highly motivated & committed in NAHNOO’s areas of intervention, especially in the domain of Arts & Culture
- Ability to bear very flexible working hours, including attending evening meetings in implementation areas and during weekends (depending on the beneficiaries i.e local authorities & actors schedule)