Kindly send your CV and a motivation letter to [email protected].
Put in subject of the email the reference: Application JO-PC-03
Application deadline: Thursday September 11, 2019.
NAHNOO is a research and advocacy platform for participatory policy-making. It is a youth-led non-governmental organization rallying volunteers across Lebanon to work towards an inclusive society, through advocacy campaigns that promote: Good Governance, Public Spaces, and Cultural Heritage.
Through multidisciplinary and participatory research, capacity-building workshops, and grassroots activities, we provide a platform for youth and professionals to lead the planning and implementation of advocacy campaigns and gain the skills needed to impact policy-making at the local and national levels.
Further info on www.nahnoo.org
We are looking for a full time Project Coordinator to be in charge of the coordination of assigned projects in various geographical areas in Lebanon in close collaboration with respective “Program Director”.
The ‘Project Coordinator’ handles on-site operations/activities & logistics, involved human resources, community relations & representation and ensures safety & security of staff & beneficiaries.
In this role, she/he ensures that all projects implementation & outputs are conducted smoothly with the efficient participation and distribution of NAHNOO’s team, following NAHNOO’s values & strategy, donor standards & requirements and local laws.
- Supports “Program Director” in addressing programmatic challenges in the framework of his/her assigned projects
- Coordinates & assists the implementation of needs assessment research in various areas in Lebanon for community stability & development support among other topics
- Ensures projects are contributing a significant impact through on-the-ground monitoring by collecting the necessary data to assess with set indicators
- Facilitates the monitoring & evaluation of the assigned projects with project staff and Monitoring, Evaluation & Reporting officer (ME&R) to review project progress & beneficiary feedback, identify challenges & corrective actions required and capture learning
- Produces accurate and timely reporting of activities & project status throughout its life cycle to the (ME&R) officer Support oversight & monitoring of team members operating in assigned areas
- Participates in project evaluation to assess project impact & resource effective use
- Ensures accountable and efficient systems are in place for the implementation of projects
- Supports the management of project budgets by calendaring it and assisting the Procurement officer in drawing efficiently a procurement plan
- Facilitate good community relations by establishing and maintaining positive relationships with local community members, Government officials, municipalities, other NGOs etc
- Engage local communities in participating actively in the projects
- Plan, organize and attend relevant local meetings
- Coordinate the preparation & organization of assigned projects activities & events
- Coordinating communication and activities with participants and any contracting &/or partners
- Follow up requirements of grants with Grants Manager (visibility, deliverable, financial etc)
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree (various background applicable, similar to Political Science, Public Health, Social Sciences, Business Administration, Architecture/Urban Planning, NGO Management, Communication/ Journalism…)
- At least 1-2 years of experience in non-profit organizations &/or social enterprises
- Proven experience in field coordination, planning of program activities and community engagement
- Proven experience in facilitation skills on peace building, conflict resolution and similar fields
- Knowledge of the Rapid Analysis & Design methodology and Local Systems Approach
- Having a vehicle is preferable (as frequent traveling within Lebanon will be required)
- Computer literate, including knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, basic software applications and familiarity with internet, email and messaging tools
- Fluent in Arabic and English (Oral and written)
- Good knowledge of the Lebanese context and impact of national & regional crisis in general (and on local communities)
- Ability to mobilize local communities and organize local events
- Ability to work in multicultural & diverse environments and sensitivity to conflicts
- Excellent interpersonal, team working and communication skills
- Logical thinking supported by strong analytical skills
- High organizational skills
- Report-writing skills
- Highly motivated & committed in NAHNOO’s areas of intervention
- Ability to bear flexible working hours, including attending evening meetings in implementation areas and during weekends (depending on the beneficiaries i.e local authorities & actors schedule)
- Mount Lebanon