Business Model Trainer - Idealab Program
Michel Daher Social Foundation is a local NGO that aims to create an enabling environment where everyone can achieve their highest potential. MDSF is a community partner in the IdeaLab program. The program’s objective is to strengthen the business and product viability of start-ups in agrifoodtech, and cleantech sectors from the Bekaa area. The Program also focuses on the societal impact by providing business incubation and training to vulnerable youth.
We are seeking an experienced expert to deliver a Business Model training aimed at empowering rural youth to develop innovative projects and ideas in the fields of agrifoodtech, and cleantech. The workshops will equip participants with the skills and mindset necessary to create sustainable and impactful solutions to local challenges.
Scope of Work:
- The service provider will have to physically give one full day (6-hours session) on the Business model canvas for 13 startups simultaneously. Those startups were selected by Berytech & MDSF based on defined selection criteria.
- The service provider selected will be responsible for assisting 13 startups after the training session.
- The service provider will have to assist each of the 11 startups in an online one-on-one clinic.
- The service provider is asked to share with MDSF a clear assessment of each startup post the online clinics.
- The service provider should be willing to coordinate with MDSF, for the development of the proposed services.
- Building their first business model and identifying their main value propositions. Moreover, startups will validate the prototype test it with potential customers, and come up with new alterations to their prototype if needed.
- Learn about the Business Model Canvas and its importance in the world of startups and entrepreneurship.
- Overview of a business operating model using the Business Model Canvas by evaluating Key Activities, Resources, and Partnerships.
- Get inspired with examples.
- Highlight the importance of stakeholders' interview results in building the BMC
- Competitive Analysis exercise (what makes them stand out?) + Revenue model & revenue streams (high-level pricing strategy to be clear, the target number of customers, how will they generate revenues to become sustainable? etc.)
- Follow up on the startups' progress, program alignment, and quality of deliverables, and hear the startups' feedback on the program.
- Sessions outlined activities and learning materials for each of the five main topics.
- Engaging and interactive workshop sessions that cater to the learning needs of rural youth and encourage active participation.
- Support materials, such as templates and resources, for participants to use during and after the workshops.
- Guidance on selecting and utilizing appropriate tools and techniques for design thinking in the specified domains (agrifoodtech, and cleantech).
- Final report to be submitted to Michel Daher Social Foundation, including participant feedback and progress.
- Applications to this proposal can be from independent trainers/consultants or a legal entity, from Lebanon.
- The applicant should have at least 3 years of previous experience working with startups, ideally in the agrifoodtech and cleantech sectors, to provide insight into the unique issues that these companies may encounter.
- The applicant should have significant knowledge and expertise in the business model canvas, particularly in the agrifoodtech and cleantech industries. They should be able to assist startups in formulating their own coherent business model canvas.
- The applicant should have hands-on expertise in the agrifoodtech and cleantech sectors, as well as an understanding of trends, regulations, and obstacles. This will enable them to provide startups with pertinent and up-to-date information.
- The applicant should have prior experience conducting seminars and clinics, as well as the ability to convey complicated ideas clearly and concisely. They must be able to modify their instructional approach to meet the requirements of the startup participants.
- The applicant should have an entrepreneurial mentality and be familiar with the obstacles and possibilities that come with starting a business.
- The applicant must be a strong speaker. They should be able to provide constructive and supportive comments, as well as successfully lead group talks.
- Availability to conduct online clinics and 1 day of workshop at Michel Daher Foundation, Ferzol Bekaa
- The service provider will be selected based on:
- The proposal suggested fits the program’s objectives.
- The bio, proven track records, and experience in the field are required.
How to apply
To apply, please submit your proposal (technical and financial) along with your resume and work/ project portfolio by email to: [email protected]
Your financial proposal should include your daily rate to deliver a full-day workshop (6 hours) plus 13 online one-on-one clinics (1 hour each)Expired