Call for Part-Time Consultants and/or Trainers
Localised Consulting is a Management Consulting Social Enterprise that specialises in the aid and development sectors and international cooperation programmes’ consultancy. Localised, an independent firm established in 2019 and registered in 2020, aims to building on the local expertise and capacities by creating a hub of professionals to support civil society organisations, enhancing the knowledge exchange amongst different stakeholders, and thus fostering capacity development.
For two of our 2022/2023 programmes, we are looking for part time consultants, trainers, and coaches to join our team and thus to deliver sets of training and coaching sessions for our partner organisations and agencies. Topics might be implemented in various locations, in Lebanon and potentially in the MENA region depending on the assignment type.
Today, we are in urgent need for a Finance & Procurement specialist, a Proposal Writing and Non-Profit Project Management coach and a MEAL trainer/coach that are in the capacity of mentoring local civil society organisations throughout a set of coaching sessions, all over Lebanon.
The expected number of working days for this specific call, including preparation and content delivery, is set to 14 working days, 5 working days and 10 working days respectively for each thematic (Finance/Procurement, Proposal Writing, MEAL).
The days can be delivered in parts (hours, half days, etc.). The timeline and the coaching methodology are to be agreed upon with the local partner and Localised team. The focus is on:
TOPIC 1: Financial Management, Budgeting and Procurement Management
- Specific skills: experience in the field of non-profit financial management, dealing with institutional donors and knowledge of their reporting rules and regulations. Proficiency in accounting software is a distinctive advantage. Experience with international donors and financial reporting and budgeting is a must.
Experience in general budgeting, forecasting and financial planning is mandatory. It is required to have expertise in public procurement management, including but not limited to tendering management.
TOPIC 2: Fundraising through Proposal Writing
- Specific skills: demonstrated experience in developing and implementing fundraising and partnership strategies, covering corporate, government, multi-lateral and NGO revenue streams. Proficiency in proposal writing or managing a grant with DFID, USAID, EU, UN agencies is highly recommended. Experience in training and coaching civil society organisations is a must.
Previous experience in developing online crowdfunding campaigns or implementing other fundraising methods is greatly seen as an added value. Strong written and verbal communication skills in English is required. Storytelling skills are considered as an asset.
TOPIC 3: MEAL
- Specific skills: experience in defining concepts and approaches related to MEAL, including MEAL approach to Project Cycle Management, as well as designing main MEAL tools such as MEAL plan, survey tools, data collection and analysis, TORs, indicators, evaluation reports, accountability mechanisms, etc.).
Experience in leading or supporting in developing of baseline reports, evaluation studies and lessons learned outcome document is considered a distinctive asset.
General nonexclusive list of tasks:
- Reviewing existing curriculum and training materials if/when needed (usually, the content of the training is available. If not, the consultant shall be in the capacity of developing or proposing training materials or a curriculum)
- In this case, the consultant should also provide necessary and external training materials, among these, presentations, exercises, tools and handouts for attendees.
- Delivering the content in an interactive approach by using the advanced techniques and methodologies to keep the audience engaged
- Overseeing the training package, including performing the pre-posts, follow up with participants, identify the needs and the gaps, elaborate on the lessons learned, etc.
- Collaborating with the project focal point on a regular basis and providing needed feedback to guarantee the project success
The applicants are expected to have previous experience in leading, organizing or assisting in conducting workshops or building the capacity of local organisations. The trainers/coaches are expected to tailor the curriculum depending on the CSOs needs, following the recommendations identified after a single assessment session. They should also produce a brief final report detailing the training/coaching outcomes and their recommendations if needed.
The expected deliverables are carried in both English and Arabic, while the reporting and the documentation shall only be produced in English language. Training and coaching sessions might be, due to multiple reasons, delivered in person or online.
How to apply
We are looking for profiles who have:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in the relevant field of education, related to the topic they are applying for
- 5 to 10 years of relevant experience, including experience in capacity building, development and consultancies
- Experience in developing training materials and/or performing coaching to local CSOs
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
Fluency in English and Arabic is mandatory. If you are interested, please send your resume with a brief cover letter to the following address: [email protected].
The cover letter can be written in the body of the email; however it has to include your:
- motivation for applying to this consulting opportunity
- previous consulting work (if available)
- proposition of daily rate in fresh US Dollars
- legal consulting status: if you possess a financial/fiscal MoF number that allows you to legally perform consulting work
(Please note that this is not an exclusion criteria, while the priority will go to the registered consultants. Failure to provide the registration proof will however entail 7.5% dedication from the proposed daily rate)
Thank you for specifying in your email subject the TOPIC you are applying for, as follows: “Sector Focused Consultant - Topic X”. People with disabilities or people with specific needs are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. If you did not hear back from us within six weeks from the application closing date, we regret to inform you that your application was not maintained.Expired