Interested candidates to send their CVs by email to [email protected] having the following in the subject line "Application for Accountant".
Body of email to include a brief bio of the applicant.
Emails received after June 9, 2023 and not abiding by the above will not be considered.
Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The accountant is responsible for working within the Finance Department, assisting in day-to-day activities, setting and maintaining reports and file. The accountant position will be based in Beirut with some travelling to Beqaa and south Lebanon.
REPORTING LINES: Post holder reports directly to: Finance Manager
- Assist in the financial review of purchase requests, purchase orders and payment requests to ensure compliance with LUPD policies and procedures and project budget.
- Set up and maintain the finance department’s grant files. Assist in the month end review of sub-office journals to ensure proper coding of all transactions.
- Assist in the financial review of purchase requests, purchase orders and payment requests to ensure compliance with LUPD policies and procedures and project budgets.
- Set up and maintain the Finance Dept.’s grant files. Assist in the month end review of centers journals to ensure proper coding of all transactions.
- Prepare the month end grant spending reports and Budget vs. Actual from the general ledger.
- Maintain the match documentation files and match tracking spreadsheets.
- Maintain sub-grant financial files, process sub-grantee payments and reconcile sub-grant financial tracking to general ledger reports.
- Make sure that all supporting documentation is prepared and filed according to LUPD procedures.
- Data entry on accounting system
- Prepare bank reconciliations and payments (cash letters, bank transfers, cheques etc.)
- Assist in the month end accounting close process, ensuring the accuracy and completeness of the ledger, sub-journals and all supporting documentation.
- Update the cash and bank books in the system.
- Assist the Finance Manager in responding to audit inquiries and requests for financial information.
- Other duties as assigned
- Collaborate closely with LUPD TEAM.
- Participate in weekly internal meetings if advised to do so.
- Submit weekly and monthly reports.
- Respect for LUPD Code of Conduct and its PSEA Policy.
- Other duties as assigned by the manager.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Two or more years of general ledger accounting experience is required.
- A university degree in finance, accounting or a related business field is required.
- Two years of experience in the Finance Department of a non-government organization is an asset
- Familiarity with major international donor rules and non-profit accounting
- Prior experience with computerized general ledger software
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel and Access.
- Strong analytical skills coupled with a solid understanding of grant management rules.
- Excellent oral and written English skills
- Familiarity with Lebanese accounting rules and procedures
- Languages: Fluency in spoken and written English and Arabic