1. Applicants are requested to submit in ONE proposal, their CV, Letter of Interest that highlights their relevant experience, translation sample (preferable legal text), and rate per page (250 words) to LWRO on [email protected] & [email protected] maximum by September 15th,2023
2. Applicants are requested to include the job reference in the subject of their email.
3. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified by email.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Read and convert written materials from one language into another language especially English and Arabic
- Convert text and audio recordings from one language to another
- Prepare subtitles for videos and online presentations as required
- The goal of a translator is to have people read the translation as if it were the original written material.
- Translators must properly transmit any cultural references, including slang, and other expressions that do not translate literally.
- Translators must read the original language fluently. They usually translate into their native language.
- Using research tools throughout the translation process
- Proofreading and editing final translated versions as required
- Working closely with staff editors to ensure final published documents retain articles original meaning
- Prioritizing work to meet strict deadlines
- Performing other translation tasks as may be required by LWRO