To achieve LADE’s strategic goals and contribute to its vision through inspiring and leading LADE’s staff and volunteers.
Key Result Areas:
a. Review and implementation of Strategic and action plans
- Prepare draft plans and present to the Board and the general assembly for approval.
- Produce regular reports on the progress in achieving the goals and objectives.
b. Business development and fundraising
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with donors and external stakeholders.
- Oversee the production of LADE’s materials and papers and the production of proposals.
- Plan and implement fund raising activities.
c. Performance management
- Develop a management performance plan that includes the results to be achieved by the departments, units and staff.
- Conduct performance appraisals for the direct subordinates and oversee the appraisals of all the staff and identify performance gaps.
- Provide recommendations for the Board to enhance performance.
d. Liaising with the Board and members
- Maintain continuous consultations with LADE’s board members and attend its meetings.
- Prepare the organization of the general assembly and participate in it.
- Maintain contacts with the members and respond to their queries and provide recommendations to the board to enhance members’ active participation.
e. Ensuring compliance with policies and procedures
- Produce draft policies and procedures and present them to the board for approval.
- Ensure that all concerned persons are aware of and understand policies and procedures.
- Respond to no-compliance situations and take corrective measures.
f. Creating an enabling working environment
- Promote and instigate an enabling organizational culture.
- Manage and resolve conflicts among the staff and foster a team spirit approach.
- Chair regular and exceptional staff meetings.
- Champion social activities geared towards enhancing bonding among the staff.
g. Overall management of operations
- Ensure smooth day-to-day operations.
- Ensure compliance with the Lebanese laws and regulations.
- Represent LADE’s management vis-à-vis governmental institutions, private sectors, civil society and international organizations and donors.
- Master’s degree in Management or any related field.
- Excellent command of Arabic and English, French is an asset.
- Between seven- and ten-years’ experience of which at least five years were in a managerial position and at least five years of work were in Elections related fields or more than five years in good governance, advocacy, human rights, and campaigning.
c. Skills and personal traits
- Excellent Planning & organizing skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Commitment to LADE’s Identity & values.
- Problem solver and decision maker.
- Strategic thinker.
- Goal/results oriented.
- Self starter.
- Value oriented person.
Candidates are asked to send their updated resume highlighting relevant experience in addition to a cover letter summarizing their qualifications and explaining their interest in the position.
Furthermore, provide three references including their full name, contact email and number in addition to their titles. Please send all the requested documents to: [email protected] indicating Executive Director Job in the subject email.
Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Daleel Madani, the civil society network, serves as a platform for organisations to post their professional opportunities, but is not involved in the recruitment process. The hiring organisation is solely responsible for the job and candidate selection.