Call for Proposal - Self-Help Plus to targeted groups, including online delivery
This Request for Proposal falls under the project entitled ‘Supporting Beirut’s Immediate Social Recovery Services” funded by the World Bank. All activities carried out by the IRC partners under this project are fully funded by the Bank.
Objectives of the Request for Proposal (RFP)
The IRC aims to establish one partnership with one LNGO through an open competitive selection process, in Beirut and Mount Lebanon areas. In close coordination with the National Mental Health Program (NMHP), the selected NGO is expected to deliver Self-Help Plus (SH+) to targeted groups, including online delivery. The NMHP will offer technical assistance to the sub-grantee and will provide the necessary materials to ensure a successful implementation. This partnership aims to achieve the following outcomes:
- Sub-grantee conducts one Training of Trainers (ToT) for 10-12 persons selected with the support of the NMHP to ensure sustainability of the service, reported through a unique narrative report and training evaluation surveys that include a satisfaction assessment.
- Sub-grantee supervises the delivery of SH+ in person by each ToT trained person through a senior trainer on SH+, reported through quarterly narrative reports and monthly progress reports.
- Sub-grantee organizes the training of 25 providers on SH+ by the newly trained trainers, reported through quarterly narrative reports and monthly progress reports, satisfaction surveys, and pre and post-tests (To be determined by the selected partner on the frequency of the surveys and tests).
- Sub-grantee develops a guideline for online delivery of SH+ including the needed adaptations to the material for online delivery with the support and close collaboration of the NMHP, reported through quarterly narrative reports and monthly progress reports.
- Sub-grantee pilots and evaluates the delivery of SH+ online to 3 groups of 30 persons each, reported through quarterly narrative reports and monthly progress reports.
- Sub-grantee provides SH+ to 25 groups (1 group by trained provider), reported through quarterly narrative reports and monthly progress reports.
- Sub-grantee conducts an overall evaluation of the SH+ intervention delivery with the support and close collaboration of the NMHP, reported through quarterly narrative reports and monthly progress reports.
- Sub-grantee is covering the SH+ costs including the cost of specialized MH services for persons who participate in the SH+ sessions and are identified to need further support, reported through financial reports (frequency to be determined).
Target: 500 adult beneficiaries will benefit from SH+ program.
Out of the 500, 160 will be care workers.
Target: At least 25 persons will receive training on SH+.
Indicator: 85% of mental health cases will be followed utilizing project-improved mechanisms and protocols excluding dropouts.
Under this Request for Proposal, IRC will support projects implemented in Beirut and Mount Lebanon. In this RFP, the interested actor should submit only one application to cover the outcomes listed above.
IRC anticipates that the sub-grant issued under this invitation may have a start date of June 1 2023. The project duration may extend for 5 months (October 31, 2023).
Under this opportunity, IRC anticipates providing one sub-grant with a maximum amount of $207,254.22 USD. The budget submitted should respect the below:
(1 June 2023 – 31 October 2023)
Activity 1: Deliver Self-Help Plus (SH+) to targeted groups, including online delivery
The budget could include rental costs of the centres, running cost, staff, and activities cost; all costs should be added as direct costs only. The evaluation criteria of the submitted budget will take into consideration the best use of resources.
How to apply
There will be a Question & Answer online session on Monday May 22, 2023 from 10 AM till 11 AM. Kindly send an email to [email protected] requesting the online meeting link to join the session. Intertested actors are expected to share their questions through [email protected]. IRC will share the answers within a maximum of two-day duration.
Once you consider applying for this opportunity, you are requested to send us an email confirming your interest at [email protected]. Please submit your application electronically to IRC’s Partnerships Unit: [email protected] with the subject line “Self-Help Plus – WB RFP”. You do not need to submit hard copies. Please submit your application by 25th of May 2023.Expired