Syria Program Officer
Please submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and contact information for three referencesto this FORM. If you are unable to complete the form, submit a cover letter, CV and contact information of three references to [email protected] with the job title “PROGRAM OFFICER, SYRIA” in the subject line of the email. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until position is filled. Interviews will take place online or in person. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
ICTJ is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer strongly committed to hiring and retaining diverse and internationally representative staff. Qualified women and members of other underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply
Under the supervision of the Head of Office, the Program Officer, Syria will:
- Research and write on myriad Syria-related issues.
- Support the Head of Syria Program with all logistical matters related to workshops, meetings, and events whether online or in person, including the preparation of post-meeting minutes, notes, and transcriptions.
- Contribute to the program’s substantial portfolio of work (including reports, public statements, op-eds, and web pieces) which seeks to advance the rights of Syrians affected by conflict and contribute to achieving truth, justice, acknowledgment, reform, and sustainable peace.
- Assist the Syria team by updating project documents in English and Arabic.
- Produce reports in English and in Arabic.
- Prepare and administer monitoring and evaluation surveys to track and assess Syria team activities.
RELATED SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
• Must be familiar with the Syrian conflict and its evolution and will also have a solid understanding of transitional justice concepts.
• The candidate is open and willing to support other ICTJ Middle East offices and programs, (in particular, Lebanon)
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent written and oral language skills in Arabic and English.
• Excellent research, writing, proofreading, footnoting, and citations skills.
• Experience with Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E).
• Demonstrated experience working with local civil society organizations.
• Detail-oriented and able to work in a meticulous, thorough, and precise manner.
• Ability to assume non-routine tasks and to take initiative where appropriate.
• Must possess a strong follow-through on all projects; ability to meet deadlines.
• Ability to handle highly sensitive information and maintain strict confidentiality.
• Effectively communicate and coordinate well while working remotely.
• Willingness and ability to travel is a must.