Junior Project Officer (DCAF Lebanon) (100 %)
Reporting directly to the Project Manager, with the overall responsibility to the Head of DCAF’s Lebanon Office, the Junior Project Officer (JPO) assist in the effective and efficient implementation of a three-year project on support to the Lebanese Armed Forces in civil military cooperation (CIMIC). The JPO assumes responsibility supporting the design, planning, management, and monitoring of project activities throughout the entire project cycle.
The JPO works in close collaboration with the finance, operations, communications, and other relevant staff in the Beirut Office for effective achievement of results. The incumbent is expected to exercise full compliance with DCAF programming, financial, procurement and administrative rules, regulations, policies, and strategies, as well as implementation of the effective internal control systems.
Tasks includes, but are not limited to:
- Pro-actively contribute and assist in the day-to-day project implementation and ensure conformity to expected results and project work-plans as well as support project MEL;
- Conduct research and provide support in identifying sources and gathering and compiling data and information for the preparation of documents, guidelines, speeches, and research papers;
- Organize, compile, and process documentation and information from donors, and project team as inputs to various databases and documents;
- Prepare briefing materials and prepare presentations, in collaboration with the project team;
- Draft minutes during official project meetings, and events;
- Support preparation of all project-related reports, official communication, including regular financial progress and risk reports;
- Support the development and organisation of donor-facing events;
- Provide support to all logistical, administrative, and financial arrangements for the organization of meetings, trainings, workshops, events, and missions, both locally and abroad;
- Assist consultants on all aspects of allowances, travel claims and other financial matters;
- Provide support to payments and preparing TORs and contracts;
- Draft communication content to be shared with DCAF HQ and external audience. ;
- Organize and coordinate filing of technical documents related to the project and maintain mailing lists;
- Provide ad hoc internal translation and interpretation during meetings as needed;
- A minimum of 3 years work experience in administrative work, procurement and/or project management/support.
- Previous experience in development assistance or related work for a donor organization, consulting company, or NGO is a very strong advantage.
- Experience in conducting research, drafting reports and minutes of meetngs.
- Experience of working on the following topics will be an asset: good governance, governance reforms, human rights, rule of law, security sector provision and/or reform, preferably in Lebanon
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint etc)
- Strong communication skills, and ability to work in an international team
- Cultural sensitivity
- a rewarding, dynamic and challenging work experience
- the chance to be part of a multicultural team of supportive, hardworking and values-driven people
- the chance to contribute to improving security of states and their people within a framework of democratic governance, the rule of law, and respect for human rights
If you think you are a good match for DCAF and the position advertised, please send your application to [email protected] by 9th April 2023 with the subject heading “Junior Project Officer Lebanon 2023”, enclosing:
- a one-page motivational statement in English describing your relevant experience and what you can bring to DCAF
- a concise CV (maximum two pages)
DCAF is committed to equality of opportunity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates regardless of sex, age, disability, gender identity, religion, or ethnicity.
Individuals who seek to serve with DCAF in any individual capacity will be required, if short-listed, to complete a self-attestation stating that they have not committed or been convicted of any criminal offence and have not been involved, by act or omission, in the commission of any violation of international human rights law or international humanitarian law.