Call for Training Coordinators for the Provision of Certified Accelerated VET for Youth in the Litani River Basin (LRB)
CALL for Training coordinators
Provision of Certified Accelerated VET for Youth
in the Litani River Basin (LRB)
- BRIEF/ GENERAL PROJECT CONTEXT
In 2018, the Delegation of the European Union in Lebanon and the Economic and Social Fund for Development -ESFD, designed the “Local development programme along the Litani River Basin” (LRB Programme) aiming at complementing the efforts deployed by the Government of Lebanon in this regard. The LRB Programme, funded by the EU with a value of EUR 20 million, has an integrated and multi-sectoral approach to local development. It consists of well-targeted and integrated interventions in the following sectors:
- Establish Cooperation modalities at local-local and local-national levels to ensure that government priorities are in line with local needs,
- Empower local communities to participate in the process of local development.
- Improve the capacities of Unions of Municipalities (UOMs) to assume their roles and responsibilities entrusted to them in the Municipal law.
- Support the Litani River Authority to assume its coordination role in the governance sector.
- Support polluting entities along the River Basin to become environmentally compliant.
- Contribute to employment generation through vocational training programs to youth and provision of financial and non-financial support to Small and Medium Enterprises.
- Reduce agricultural pollution through the promotion of best agricultural practices and extensive guidance.
The LRB Programme is in line with the Single Support Framework 2017-2020 for Lebanon, specifically Priority 2 "Fostering local governance and socio-economic development", and the EU-Lebanon Partnership Priorities (PP), namely fostering growth and job opportunities, through support to municipalities, stimulating private investment, rehabilitation and expansion of infrastructure, expanding trade, agriculture and industry and conservation of natural resources.
- PROJECT OBJECTIVE & PURPOSE
The Overall Objective of the project is to contribute to stability in Lebanon by promoting local development and improving the socio-economic resilience of the local population along the Litani River Basin (LRB).
The purpose of this project is to contribute to improving employment opportunities for the youth in the Litani River Basin, in particular in the 9 Unions of the Municipalities of Baalbeck, West Baalbeck, Zahle, East Zahle, Central Bekaa, Plain, Lake, Tyre and Chqif. The project consists in providing training programmes covering soft and occupational skills offered to 10 groups of youth followed by individual internships.
- SERVICES TO BE PROVIDED
The training coordinator will provide the following services but not limited to:
- Establish and maintain regular contact with trainees, trainers, and training centre;
- Organize and coordinate the training activities (requirements, logistics, materials) on daily basis;
- Keep up with trainees during the training days;
- Logistically support the trainers in delivering the training programmes;
- Prepare and maintain attendance list of trainees;
- Track attendance and participation of trainees, and verify any unjustified absence;
- Ensure proper training environment and avoidance of “training fatigue” and overburden;
- Maintain regular communication with the Team leader and immediately report any issue.
- TRAINING COORDINATORS’ PROFILE
Qualifications, skills, and professional experiences
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required.
- Demonstrable communication, analytical and report-writing skills.
- Ability to work with flexibility.
- Excellent communication and representation skills.
- A bachelor degree in education, social sciences, public administration, business administration, law or economic sciences or equivalent with two years of experience in similar education programs; or a degree in technical studies combined with three years of directly relevant professional experience in similar education programs.
The training programme should be held between July and December, 2022.
How to apply
HOW TO APPLY
Send your CV to [email protected] before 10 June 2022.
Please indicate in the title of the email “Training coordinator”
Priority will be given to qualified local experts from the LRB region.Expired