Debates in the North governorate of Lebanon
DW Akademie aims to empower young people from the North governorate by training them on communication and debate and dialogue mechanisms. DW Akademie aims to help them acquire and develop their skills in identifying and dealing in depth with local socioeconomic and political issues. DW Akademie also seeks to provide young people with a platform to organize debates in their communities. This platform will be available for young people to allow them to exercise their right to freedom of expression. It will highlight community needs, deal in depth with local issues and develop young people’s skills in conducting debates.
Role of the organization:
- Designing and implementing five debates in public spaces on local topics in Tripoli and different regions in the North governorate
- Recruitment of debaters from the region
- Designing and implementing a visibility plan
- Creating partnerships with local media outlets and citizen journalists
- The debate plan should take Covid-19 hygiene measures into consideration.
Duration: From October 2020 until March 2021
Budget: 20 000 EUR
How to apply
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in the field with civil society
- Familiarity with youth work and media in the North governorate
Please send the following documents:
- A portfolio of your organization
- A technical and financial proposal for the project. The technical proposal should include a proposed timeline. The financial proposal should outline the budget breakdown for completing the work.
-Contact person email:[email protected]Expired